Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone else hear the 421 emergency at ATL today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL000

I think it was a 421...a twin Cessna anyway. I tuned in as he began a missed approach and was vectored back around for 8L. He was almost out of gas, had sputtering engines and was facing an approach to 1/8 viz and 100' indefinite ceiling.

He was begging for a vector direct to the field, but the controller had to put him on the localizer. He was a lot more collected than I would have expected, but you could tell there was sheer terror inside him. He rode the GS down but didn't break out until the end of the runway. Approach, who was working the flight all the way in, sent him around again because it was unsafe. He refused the instruction, pulled a hard right and managed to get it down on 26L without a scratch.

Even I was shaking after listening to all that. I can't imagine how he felt. Just before touchdown, he actually stated that he was going down. I guess there was a runway underneath him when he did. The oddest part was that, during the last few moments of the emergency, he kept apologizing for cursing on frequency. Anyone know more detail than I?

Sorry, all I remember was it ended with x-ray. I forgot to make a note of it to check the registration.

Anyone have access to a flight tracker and look up the arivals around that time?

Latest resources

Back