• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone been to an XJT roadshow yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do feel that the XJT guys need to wake up. Their outliers need to go. Nobody else has them. Yes,I know you had them for a while, but you also worked under the concept of a contract with an amendable date. This industry works under pattern bargaining. You simply can no longer keep your B fund, disability, or line bidding. Be thankful for what you got, and let it go. We probably needed to let go our vacation low. But we should have dumped rigs on Naps first. I am not happy about the association leave at 6 hrs, but we pay that out of dues, not the company. We actually pay 125% to the company, so cutting it is actually a cost to the company.

And this mentality is the reason why each pilot group leap frogs another on the way to their race to the bottom. It's the whole get on board mentality that I that was gone after this TA. Oh well.

That's gonna fail you a SW interview right there. One of their fav questions.

Yeah because there's nothing better then an Iron Fisted Captain taking the plane over at 500' and plowing you into a runway. :) Or one saying watch this and plowing you into a gas station.

Hou yous guys liking Brad now?
Told ya!
Hate and discontent, signature F&H moves.
Vote no and they will fold like origami.

Just read the TA, gentlemen. All the little side dramas are irrelevant. The TA provides ample reason to decline it, on its own inadequacies. Loss of duty rigs, no pay for deadhead on the way home after a trip, ambiguous block pay language, loss of guaranteed days off for reserve pilots, reserve captains flying right seat, loss of vacation low, requirement to fly 4 naps in a row, and a number of other ridiculous concessions are reason enough to vote no; and that's just the ASA side. Send this insulting TA back to the JNBC and make them fix it. If you vote yes, you will never get these QOL provisions back in the future. If this TA passes, you will regret it. If it fails, then the JNBC and the company can simply insert the current contract language for the sections in protest into the TA and move on. It's that easy. By the way, I fully support providing opportunities for the mentally challenged in today's modern work place, but I think putting them on the JNBC was a horrible idea.

Yeah because there's nothing better then an Iron Fisted Captain taking the plane over at 500' and plowing you into a runway. :) Or one saying watch this and plowing you into a gas station.

Affirmative Action hire. Not a good example.

And this mentality is the reason why each pilot group leap frogs another on the way to their race to the bottom. It's the whole get on board mentality that I that was gone after this TA. Oh well.
I think you're reading him a bit wrong. He' saying he might be okay with letting go of some things that nobody else has, but he is not in favor of getting rid of things that everybody else has (i.e. leapfrogging over others in the downward direction). This TA does both, so he is not in favor of it.

Since this TA goes beyond simply removing outliers, this TA is nothing but greed on Richard Anderson's, Jerry Atkin's, and Brad Holt's part. The company's position is not reasonable.

I just voted NO.

I think you're reading him a bit wrong. He' saying he might be okay with letting go of some things that nobody else has, but he is not in favor of getting rid of things that everybody else has (i.e. leapfrogging over others in the downward direction). This TA does both, so he is not in favor of it.

Since this TA goes beyond simply removing outliers, this TA is nothing but greed on Richard Anderson's, Jerry Atkin's, and Brad Holt's part. The company's position is not reasonable.

I just voted NO.

Yeah, nice for him to say seeing that every single "outlier" comes from the LXJT contract. That's the get on board attitude we kept hearing from many ASA pilots three years ago. This TA should have been the best of both contracts and instead it's the worst of each.

Yeah, nice for him to say seeing that every single "outlier" comes from the LXJT contract. That's the get on board attitude we kept hearing from many ASA pilots three years ago. This TA should have been the best of both contracts and instead it's the worst of each.
Correction, it's worse than the worst of each.

Latest resources

Back