Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody use Mozilla Firefox with AIMS Pref Bid Sys?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mar

Remember this one?
I'm really scratching my head with two seperate browser problems.

One with IE and one with Mozilla.

I'm on the road and that makes troubleshooting a real pain in the butt *but* I'm wondering if I can get some more help from the computer savvy ones.

First prob: I cannot produce a cursor in any field when I run IE. I *can* type in the url and surf with no problem I just can't type in a user name and password, let alone write an email with IE.

Second prob: Surfing and typing is no problem with Mozilla but when I get into my company's AIMS Preferential Bidding System I can't use any of the functions that utilize a calendar format. That is to say, if I want to view my February schedule, I need to click on Feb, then click on 2005, then click on "01". Each time I click, the selection should be set but what's happening is each button will "toggle" off when I click the subsequent button.

Does any of this make sense?

Any thoughts?

The combination of the two problems is making it impossible to access important information at work.

Many thanks.
P.S. I've checked security settings and restored default settings. I scanned for viruses, adware and spyware.

Only result, two "suspicious files":

aslsubs111[10].js
showthread[1].php

:confused:

Mar,
First prob: I cannot produce a cursor in any field when I run IE. I *can* type in the url and surf with no problem I just can't type in a user name and password, let alone write an email with IE.

Havn't heard of this yet, but it does seem like an obscure IE bug. First thing I would do would be to make sure IE is current(use Windows update) and double check to make sure you don't have any third party toolbars running in IE(like GoogleBar, etc). This sounds a lot like an infected IE version(with spyware), so double-check your SpyWare settings.

If that doesn't work make sure you shut down any third party application besides IE that may be running at the same time. Check the taskbar and close everything there out.

Second prob: Surfing and typing is no problem with Mozilla but when I get into my company's AIMS Preferential Bidding System I can't use any of the functions that utilize a calendar format. That is to say, if I want to view my February schedule, I need to click on Feb, then click on 2005, then click on "01". Each time I click, the selection should be set but what's happening is each button will "toggle" off when I click the subsequent button.

This is most likely how the site was designed, and there is probably nothing much you can do about it. Some JavaScript function calls are different between browsers, and will cause headaches when implemented incorrectly. You are probably stuck with using IE for that site, unless you can convince whoever wrote the page to rewrite it to support non-IE browsers. I would atleast file a complaint, thats ridiculous for a commercial piece of software.

Good luck!

Peter

Thanks much

I appreciate the advice.

I'd be perfectly happy to use IE on the PBS program but I can't sign in due to the cursor problem.

With Mozilla I can sign in but can't access the info.

Catch 22?

Anyway, thanks again, I'll keep working on the IE cursor problem.

mar said:

This sounds like you still have a virus or spyware app running on your PC. Try the following:

1. Go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com and run the online virus scan. Delete everything it finds.

2. Go to http://www.lavasoft.de and download and scan your computer with ad-aware. Don't forget to update the definition file before you run the scan.

3. Go to http://www.safenetworking.org and download and scan your computer with spybot. Again, don't forget to update the definition file before you scan, and also active the immunization feature.

The whole reason everybody is upset with IE is that it has too many bells and whistles; it is the wealth of features that allows your company to offer a web interface for their company business. Unfortunately, it is these same features that the pond scum companies exploit to gives you the flood of popup, spyware, viruses, etc. Multiply this by 1000's of companies/individuals and you have then need for a more basic browser. Firefox and the like are incompatible on purpose. This incompatibility is what keeps your computer from becoming bogged down with the spyware crap that plagues us all. So you may find yourself needed or wanting firefox (or similar) for everyday browsing, and continue to use IE for known safe sites such as your company webpage.

Interesting. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try harder to search out the bug.

Latest resources

Back