Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any SWA or Airtran pilots see recent SLI at Mesaba/Colgan/Pinnacle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

It just came out via Arbitrator Bloch. All Captains, even turboprop Captains at Colgan with lowest pay and no jet prospects, were placed above all FOs. Ty Webb probably read the whole award, twice. If I were an Airtran pilot, I would push for Arbitration. Why not? Precedence is always looked at, and this one is very recent. There were some fences, but I think they were for only 5 years. Good luck everyone. Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:
Why do have such a hard on for what's happening at SWA?

I have friends at both airlines, and it is an important merger in our industry. Is that good enough for you? Maybe we should only allow those pilots to talk about it, right? Maybe you think you are a ruler of a Middle Eastern Country with powers to do that? Too bad. A very recent SLI award is important for everyone else in the same situation. It might not be the exact same merger, but a result in the SLI may be similar with arbitrators, especially arbitrator Bloch.

OYS

OY6 = OWNED, just like tranny.

It just came out via Arbitrator Bloch. All Captains, even turboprop Captains at Colgan with lowest pay and no jet prospects, were placed above all FOs. Ty Webb probably read the whole award, twice. If I were an Airtran pilot, I would push for Arbitration. Why not? Precedence is always looked at, and this one is very recent. There were some fences, but I think they were for only 5 years. Good luck everyone. Godspeed!

OYS

Something like that would likely result in the list never being combined. Not good for either party. It's personal opinion as to who it's worse for. Gary and VdV have bluntly stated that they want a NEGOTIATED agreement. Smart choice takes the bird in the hand. Why tempt fate when so many have tried and failed before?

Something like that would likely result in the list never being combined. Not good for either party. It's personal opinion as to who it's worse for. Gary and VdV have bluntly stated that they want a NEGOTIATED agreement. Smart choice takes the bird in the hand. Why tempt fate when so many have tried and failed before?

Nice try, SWAPA, Southwest and ATN ALPA signed the agreement with the possibility of arbitration. Back out if the decision doesn't go the way you like it, then have fun on the leper colony with the USAPA pariahs.

Something like that would likely result in the list never being combined. Not good for either party.

One thing I'm not hearing here is how separate operations would affect other parties, namely, other employee groups . . . and shareholders.

If the pilot lists are separate, and there are separate operations, what does this mean for Agents, F/A's, etc?

I do not know the answer to this, but it is something we should all want to know the answer to.

Regds,
Ty

All Captains, even turboprop Captains at Colgan with lowest pay and no jet prospects, were placed above all FOs.

Colgan/Mesaba/Pinnacle are all regional airlines. There is only one airline in the SWA/AAI deal that flies "regional" type airframes. These results while interesting will have no bearing on any SWA/AAI arbitration award.

Bloch mashed a bunch of apples together. SWA's acquisition will result in mashing apples with an orange (citrus) fruit. They are 2 different types of companies and 2 different types of career expectations within the groups. That is if they are ever mashed together.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back