Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Known Upcoming G650 Operators? Where do I send my app????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G200--Would you get all that $hit out of your profile already? It f's up the formatting.

TC

Last edited:
G200--Would you get all that $hit out of your profile already? It f's up the formatting.

TC

My ratings and Industry titles are pretty important to me.

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Airline Pilot Crybaby Section, that way -------->

:):)

Well, not quite.

Most of my peers/friends who fly Gulfstreams/Globals/7X etc make between 150-225K. No...not rich by any stretch...but getting by just fine. Some newer guys may get abused at 125K'ish but they usually move on pretty quick...like any profession, there's an experience building phase.

Most also work between 8-14 days a month. Want some extra money? plenty of time for another job. Many I know contract fly or work at sim centers for an extra 10-50K. Since leaving CFI/Charter work I have never had a flying job where I regularly worked more than 15 days a month and for the last 3-4 years I average less than 70 nights away. The vast majority of larger corp aircraft I know are crewed well. I'm home with my family more than just about any father I know (aviation or not)

And Yes, anyone who wants to can certainly fly a 777 or a Gxxx (or whatever) Its not rocket science. Average commitment, defined career goals, dedication etc...fly what you want!

I wouldn't suspect pay/lifestyle is terrific in an EMB-145, but it may suit you just fine? To each his own...but I can tell you that your view of the typical Gulfstream/Global/7X gig is far from accurate!

Not every Gulfstream/Falcon/Global pilot pulls in your cash. Good for you! And no, people might aspire to flying for a 777 for Fedex one day, but we all know getting on with Fedex or a Fortune 100 flight department full of the latest bizjets is super-highly competitive. Maybe flying Airforce One would help move your resume to the front of the pile with your great recommendations. You can be a fantastically talented pilot (i.e, Chuck Yeager) with great experience and not get an interview with thousands of resumes on file. You can network forever and the Chief Pilot's nephew gets the job. No big surprise - this is reality and not news.

I am just tired of the condecending tone I sometimes hear on these boards. Not everyone wants to focus solely on QOL - that typically happens after you have achieved your goals. For some people, those goals are getting harder and harder to achieve. Example: a newhire today at SWA will wait 20+ years to upgrade to the left seat of a 737. That's ridiculous compared to expectations when I started training many years ago - and I won't be applying any time soon. We are all entitled to our opinions and most of us are trying to either advance ourselves or trying to enjoy what is left of our careers.

Rod, almost all the global guys and gulfstream guys pull in more than 150 a year. I make more money than most of my doctor friends and work about 8 days a month. Your perception about the industry seems a bit skewed.
True I am older than you I am sure, and as you ate you will also find that it is all about the QOL. You will see that your EMB flies just the same as a global or a 777, if you really did this purely for the love of flying you would find a job flyig a J3 which is real flying.

Not every Gulfstream/Falcon/Global pilot pulls in your cash. Good for you! And no, people might aspire to flying for a 777 for Fedex one day, but we all know getting on with Fedex or a Fortune 100 flight department full of the latest bizjets is super-highly competitive. Maybe flying Airforce One would help move your resume to the front of the pile with your great recommendations. You can be a fantastically talented pilot (i.e, Chuck Yeager) with great experience and not get an interview with thousands of resumes on file. You can network forever and the Chief Pilot's nephew gets the job. No big surprise - this is reality and not news.

I am just tired of the condecending tone I sometimes hear on these boards. Not everyone wants to focus solely on QOL - that typically happens after you have achieved your goals. For some people, those goals are getting harder and harder to achieve. Example: a newhire today at SWA will wait 20+ years to upgrade to the left seat of a 737. That's ridiculous compared to expectations when I started training many years ago - and I won't be applying any time soon. We are all entitled to our opinions and most of us are trying to either advance ourselves or trying to enjoy what is left of our careers.

No, actually the vast majority do make that pay range.

Also, much of the Fortune 100 isn't as competitive as you may think, and often pays on the low end (but may appeal to some for other reasons)....and don't even get me going on the talent from the 89th. LOL.

I actually agree with you on the second paragraph....are you saying there are some real D-bags in aviation? You can't be that new? LOL....yes, we all love the G850 Captain who constantly says his dream job is flying a King Air yet breaks down in tears when his OEM hat/shirt/jacket/bag gets some dirt on it.

The vast majority that I know just want to work at a place that treats them well, pays as good as it can for this industry, and allows lots of time off.

Rod, no offense, but if you're in this business for the money, you ain't firin' on all cylinders. It's ALL about QOL. If you want to make a bunch of money, you should plan on working 350 days a year either at your own business or at some high-paying job. Gulfstream200 hit the nail on the head: What we want is good pay, good folks to work for, good QOL, and if we're lucky, we'll even get decent people to fly with:D
...we all love the G850 Captain who constantly says his dream job is flying a King Air yet breaks down in tears when his OEM hat/shirt/jacket/bag gets some dirt on it.
That's funny right there, G-Man. Damned funny.

Also, much of the Fortune 100 isn't as competitive as you may think, and often pays on the low end (but may appeal to some for other reasons)....and don't even get me going on the talent from the 89th. LOL.

Are you referring to the Best of the Best of the Best, SIR ???

:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back