Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any intel on the interview at Southern Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After some research I came up with the same conclusion. From what people have told me it would be a huge step down from my present position. The deal breaker though was when I found out they don't have training pay. WTF? What kind of 747 operator doesn’t give out training pay?

If it's that op outta TPA - only good advise is DON'T GO!

What are you talking about? It's not out of TPA, it's out of Norwalk, CT.
And, it's not that bad. Not the best, but certainly not the worst... As for no training pay, who knows. A year ago we got hotel paid for and per diem the whole time. Did that change?

I'm sure it's a lovely place to work, the people I spoke with on the phone were very friendly and professional. For me it was a personal decision not to dip into my savings for a month or two in order to go through a new hire ground school. From what I have heard, they do pay hotel and per diem until you complete your training. Unfortunately, 2.00 per day per diem will not pay my bills or I might give Southern Air a second look.

1340 smackers per month, fly a 747, get the old lady to roll your for a couple of months...

They do make them hot enough by the way!

canadflyau said:
1340 smackers per month, fly a 747, get the old lady to roll your for a couple of months...

They do make them hot enough by the way!

ROFLMAO!!! What's up JC? I'm up at the hub on hot A. They have me going across the pond on one of those Ramstein charters. You still owe me a beer!!

Latest resources

Back