• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any info on Tradewinds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumor is that they've had a lot of people walk out as of late, esp. off the 747, though I don't know for certain... Just rumor.

True...
Rumor said we lost 11 souls, but I can only count 6 missing on the list.
Somewhere in between perhaps.

People walked 'cause the company started screwing with the Per-Diem...Changed things around and broke promises.
Guys walked, but now the Per-Diem and stuff is back to where it was.....

Seems they hired some azzhole from Arrow or Fine that told the boss he could save money by screwing crews out of Per-Diem while sitting reserve at the base.
Bad idea...Every time somebody walked out the door, it cost 'em $25K.

Six sounds much more reasonable than the number I heard (around 14). You know how these rumors go...

Either way, they lost two full crews because some idjit decided to play around with the per diem, so I hope that person was worth the $150k loss to the company (6 X $25k).

CSY Mon said:
Not sure what that means.

Proofreading can be a beautiful thing. A skill that I sometimes lack. What I meant to say was....The j/s from GSO to LAX is horrible.

CSY MON, What is the projected upgrade time to the CA seat? Airline Pilot Central claims the most junior CA was hired Aug 2004. Is this true or just a typo?

True on quick upgrades if ya got the time and the back ground.

No typo: One cool dude that got hired in December 2004 are now flying captain on the 747. Guess who..:D

Keep applying, they are in a hireing mode right now.

CSY MON congrats on the quick upgrade. Do they type all of their FO's? Where does training take place? Are all the new hires going to the 747 or Airbus?

I interviewed recently and am waiting to hear. My group had 5, average TT seemed to be about 4000-4500, but I know they have hired very low time people too.

In my group there were several RJ drivers, a DAL furloughee, a guy with supplemental experience in 727s and me, who has no jet time but 3200 turbine. One interviewer specifically noted that they look for people who can fly instuments on steam guages, so maybe my thousands of hours hand-flying Jetstreams will help out.

It was mentioned during the interview that they anticipate hiring 70 this year, including a big class (18-20) in May.

They were very up front about the negative side of the job, but everyone was extremely friendly.

My fingers are crossed...

As for who to send too...I think it is [email protected]

Connie Rice is the recruiter, Bruce Clamp is the CP, both are great folks but they are extremely busy right now, so I would probably just e-mail persistently and not try to bug them too much with calls.

FlyingFish13 said:
CSY MON congrats on the quick upgrade. Do they type all of their FO's? Where does training take place? Are all the new hires going to the 747 or Airbus?

From the info I gathered at the interview, no type for FOs, Ground School in Greensboro, A300 sim in MIA, 747 sin in DEN, no 747 hiring until later in the year.

Hotel paid in training, training pay is around $2,000/month + per diem, full salary starts on the first trip after IOE, bennies kick in the same day.

From the info I gathered at the interview, no type for FOs, Ground School in Greensboro, A300 sim in MIA, 747 sin in DEN, no 747 hiring until later in the year.

Hotel paid in training, training pay is around $2,000/month + per diem, full salary starts on the first trip after IOE, bennies kick in the same day.__________________

Yeah, thats all about right.

The hotel in GSO was a suite type hotel with kitchen and stuff.
Also they rented a Tahoe SUV for us to roam around in.
Nice little perks.

If they are not going to hire on the 747 they better have a class going right now as we are short, short....I fly every day and every night, or so it seems.

Yeah, they are nice people to deal with, training is also very straight forward, no pressure and wash-out threats and BS.

Some 747 g/s and sims go in MIA and some, some g/s in GSO and other 747 sims in DEN...Changes on a daily basis.

They have typed some F/Os in the past if they were "Typeable"..Whatever that means.

Latest resources

Back