• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any info if Compass Airlines will be hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I count 12 resignations from 9E to CPZ in the last 3 days. I'll go out on a limb and say that compass appears to be hiring.

Wow and I guess them offering 150% for FO's to pick up open time will be the normal and 200% when they need weekends and holidays staffed. When do you think they will break down and try to hire? I say try because with our contract, nobody is going to be walking through our doors.

Delta still thinks their Brand name is enough to attract people. Do they know the promise of an interview is a joke? Calling something the best is not enough (the best coming from a CEO's perspective in profits earned to Delta).

Compass is starting new hire classes next week, and doing 6 a week for the foreseeable future. averages out to about 24 a month, so should keep up with flows and hopefully get us back up to normal staffing levels.

I'm 400 pilots to the most junior captain at 9E, and there are 165 FO's above the most junior captain that still haven't upgraded. I interviewed at CPZ last Sept and am treading water in the pool... haven't gotten the call but guessing I will soon as I wasn't that far down the ladder at the last update...

If I can clear some SERIOUS financial hurdles I'm one who is considering giving up more than 5 years of seniority because I don't see how I'm going to see the left seat anytime in the next three years at 9E like I will at CPZ...

Now that being said the things that scare me are...
Financial Hit...
The Hulus Factor...
The oh $(%* factor that basically says, the day my resignation at 9E were to become effective that is when they will announce we are getting XX 700's and we are going to retire only 20 of our 200s and keep the rest... in other words... Murphy's law...

The one thing that compass has going for it is that it more than likely will not shrink (it's small company to begin with), has a middle of the road contract, and will be losing a lot of pilots (CA and lots of high time FO's) over the next 2 years FWIW...not saying hulas couldn't or wouldn't put Compass to the meat slicer though, that guy is a nut job...

I require a 3 month upgrade and need to be on property at Delta next spring.......Any chance I can go ahead of everybody else?. I've got 500 hours in a CRJ and i need to be a 777FO by next spring

Yes you may....step right to the front of the line.
Your welcome.

a friend of mine was at the vegas job fair on July 20 and said Compass was there and there was absolutely NOBODY at their booth all day. Compass is going to have a very hard time to find people i imagine. I think compass needs to do what eagle is doing and offer signing bonus to lure qualified candidates

Now that being said the things that scare me are...
Financial Hit...
The Hulus Factor...
The oh $(%* factor that basically says, the day my resignation at 9E were to become effective that is when they will announce we are getting XX 700's and we are going to retire only 20 of our 200s and keep the rest... in other words... Murphy's law...

Being subject to 100% flushback without being eligible for the opposite would scare me a lot more.

heard compass is going to have a new interview process, no more of those 3 part delta test. Now as long as you have a pulse you got the job LOL!!!!

Latest resources

Back