Any Ex-ASA Guys at NJ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

asayankee

Looking for some ex Acey/Candler/Acey guys at NJ. Hopefully you can give me some insight and comparisons to the differences and benefits of both.

Any nput would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry, sent a long detailed post that timed out!! The gest is, any Frac will beat ASA!! I love ASA training, the people on line, but move on!! Unless you are lucky to secure a top spot in ASA I would move along. If you need to question then you are one of us and need to get the F out!!

Staying longer at ASA will not help you. Get your PIC and move on. You might just have the mins but get your stuff out there!!

You will make so much more on the other side it will amaze you. Plus you keep the points!!! rum

rum

Sorry if the above post wasn't clear but....

YOU WILL NEVER EVER REGRET LEAVING A REGIONAL FOR THE FRACTIONAL WORLD!!

Sorry, does that answer your question? rum

you regional guys need to relax on how wonderful the frac world is. They have they're issues too.

you regional guys need to relax on how wonderful the frac world is. They have they're issues too.

Everyone has issues- legacies, box haulers, fracs, etc.

I flew for a s****y regional, and let me tell you, I was about to throw in the towel on this profesion when NJ picked me up. Since joining NetJets, CO and NW have called with interview offers, 6 years ago the though of passing up on a major airline interview was inconcebible, but that's what I've done lately.

Everyone is different and we all have different goals. Depends on what you want to do.

Last edited:

You are correct in that the fracs have their issues as well. I would be willing to bet that the issues that are making the regional guys run to the fracs are much worse.

As an example,I have a friend in his 3 year at Eagle. Money is so tight he chooses to pack his meals for a four day trip just so he can keep his per diem. I think it is safe to say that there are few if any frac pilots in this situation. In fact we all could probably skip a week of crew meals and it would do us some good.

Given all the issues at FlexJet, it was and is still a better deal in the long run than my grinding out a "living" at ASA on 6 year captain pay!

Cheers- rum

PS- Airline points and hotel points will blow away any JS/non-rev access!! And, when you use these points you get treated like a human (even better when platinum;)) and not like Oliver Twist, asking for a seat; "May I have a ride sir please?

I spent 5 years at ASA, and my wife still works for ASA. To answer your question, you will be much happier at NJ than at ASA. You will make more money, have a better schedule, be treated much better by the company and all its employees. You are a valued member of a team, not a replaceable blue collar number.
Your medical, dental, life, supplemental life, vision, etc. is the best in all of aviation, including the majors.
You will not miss jumpseating or nonreving at all.. as you are automatically Hilton Honors Diamond level when you step foot on property day one indoc. I have been with the company about 5 months, and I already have enough Delta skymiles to go anywhere in the world roundtrip....and stay at a hilton resort while I am there! POSITIVE SPACE

When I worked at ASA, I got to the point where I felt like the guy in the Dunken Donuts commercial.. "time to make the donuts". You drive to the parking lot, get on the same tired old bus with Atlantas finest driving you... You duty in, check your v file, go find your airplane, pull your hair out trying to get aircraft services (lav, catering, gate agent) finally board your pissed off pax. Fly 5 legs to the same cities for 4 days. Stay in dumpy hotels for the most part.. the hotel staff treats you like a "regional" pilot.. you are not good enough to be in their hotel. Get reduced rest multiple times for someone elses F___Up (usually scheduling, or the gate). Then you get the company (ASA) to send out an announcement that they are taking VOLUNTEERS to come out at midnight and clean the airplanes uncompensated... This after you are routinely told by managment that you are not worth the paper that money is printed on.

You now get to come home and do a jepp revision that looks like the encylcopedia britanica, and hear CNN report on how HORRIBLE the airline you work for is and that your company is the worst ontime, lost baggage and pax complaint airline of all time for the longest running consecutive period in aviation history.

Then you go online and look at your checking account and wonder why you became a pilot in the first place. It was a passion when I started, but now I am 100,000 dollars in debt and living off of credit cards because my paycheck every two weeks is less than $1000 pre tax.

Life at NJ... you are told by mangament that you are doing a great job all the time, you are compensated for everything you do, including Jepp revisions. When you show up for work you might be going to the west cost, you might be going to mexico, you might be going to sit in Hilton Conrad in downtown miami for 3 days. Either way there is nothing monotonous about go to work.. You get to choose to work 26 weeks a year... Best part time job for full time pay in the world! Your pax want to be there... they are interesting and friendly for the most part. I guess the bottom line is that NJ flying makes aviation fun agian.. and you can support your family doing it, and you have unparalleled job security!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back