Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt. Over

Haulin' it on 18 wheels.
Just wondering if there are any Falcon 20 freight operators looking for PIC's that would have a halfway decent schedule and be commutable to. Any except Grand Aire or whatever they are called nowadays. Thanks for any replies. :D

yeah....you're right

just seeing what is out there.......:p

DA-20 Scheduled?

I do not know of any DA-20 cargo operators that have a schedule, they are all non-skeds. The last one with a schedule was Relient and they folded a couple years ago, there is no money in little scheduled cargo. All of the jobs here at USA Jet are commutable, becasue everyone lives within 400 yards of the airport, HA! HA! only kidding, some of our pilot live almost 7 miles away from the airport. I would guess our average DA-20 pilot who lives local is home around 15 days per month, he just does not know which days they will be other than his scheduled 8 days off. Commuting as a DA-20 pilot is almost impossible the ones who do it are sometimes gone from home 30 days at a time. Entry level position is DA-20 F/O, do not hire Captains off the street. Well we did hire a couple of DA-20 Capts from Ameristar back in 1998, but none since then.

Oh BTW are you a ME guy?

I picked up 300 ME from MKE last Sept, and we flew it today as 191US in a new passenger configuration, 50 seats, goes into passenger service on Monday. Nice airplane

no kidding!!!!

Yeah, I'm a furloughed M.E. guy. I've got some time in 300ME, or whatever it is now. So USA Jet bought that one hey? How many did they get from us? Are you going to use any as freighters? It's wierd to know that if I ever get to go back, all the planes I flew for them will be gone. Thanks for the info. on your DA-20 drivers. I'm just trying to make use of my Falcon experience and still live here in Wisconsin. Guess I'll keep lookin'. Happy Thanksgiving!:D

Latest resources

Back