Any current/former ferry pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AWACoff

I'm just trying to find out what an appropriate pay rate would be for ferrying an EMB-110 trans-pacific. Is it always pay by day or is hourly pay normal? It's a total stage length of 2100 miles with 1500 miles over open ocean with no wx radar, no autopilot, no pressurization.

I'm just trying to find out what an appropriate pay rate would be for ferrying an EMB-110 trans-pacific. Is it always pay by day or is hourly pay normal? It's a total stage length of 2100 miles with 1500 miles over open ocean with no wx radar, no autopilot, no pressurization.

Just curious, what route and where are you stopping for fuel?

Daily rate is all I've ever done when ferrying/delivering planes, any type of plane. What are you going to charge, about $1,000 per day + travel and expenses? I flew a Lear 36 from Lauderdale to Munich and charged $1,000 per day + travel and expenses, you should get about the same IMO.

Where are you going? I used to get $3500 plus expenses for a DHC6 to AUS or reverse. I installed the ferry system and got the permits myself and that was extra. If you decide to go, unless you have a handler, I would recommend around 5 grand cash for landing, parking, customs, fuel, etc. Controlled airspace starts at 5000 feet so that can be exciting if your ferry permit is VFR only. Who's installing the ferry system, hf, etc? Life rafts? How will you ship them back? They are hazmat because of the O2 cylinders. Don't forget the export C of A, ferry permit, broker documents for export, and make sure you check in with Honolulu customs outbound to be sure your paperwork is in order. Get a current Jepp trip kit, and tell everyone you will be DR naving unless you have an STC approved GPS. Good luck.

Forgot, that was from CA to Hono, overnight, Hono to Pago or Majuro, overnight, Brisbane or Sydney the 3rd day. Airline from AUS that evening and get back after three days total.

Thanks guys. It would be from PGUM to YBCS non-stop. I've flown the route recently...the only difference is I was up around FL400. 10,000 is a much shorter glide to the water.

Thanks for the great info Johnson.

Latest resources

Back