• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Current Alaska Interview Gouge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they are so classy, why do 80% of the people I know there hate it. Why are so many looking to leave, for anything but Bill Error and Company.

For what it's worth, the prospect of a lot of people leaving, either through early retirement or going to another company, doesn't seem to be bothering them too much. Or at least that's the face they put on. We have been notified that they expect a huge training push and are prepared to deal with it. They even have arranged for contract Qual training.

So it would appear they are taking the attitude that those who are going or want to leave will do just that and they are interviewing and hiring to replace them. And it doesn't appear there is any shortage of candidates.

ferlo,
I just about spilled my Pinot I laughed so hard at your quote. I felt the same.
But, then, haven't we all been there at some time (interview)?
fly-n-fish

flx757 said:
45000BTU's said:
I believe their hiring 2 classes a month. Not sure what exact numbers but sounded like their going steady. quote]

Right now we are running one class a month of about 8-12. This could increase in the future as staffing needs dictate...but as of now, just one class a month. Montly classes will continue for at least the next three years.

flx 757 is TheGuat, Rhoid, IHaveAPension, LucyFurr, E170GuppyKiller, TheGuppyKiller, GuppyKiller, TheMissingLink, ABXpert, UPSer, RJDC, OUT, 410Dude, BR549, FreightNazi....etc...etc... Ignore anything and everything he has to say. He has been "permanently" banned over 20 times yet continues to come around just to annoy people. Swat this fly.

That is the problem with the Error group, they don't care about their people.
Don't just ask the pilots look at their recent past with the rampers.

unwashed,
No koolaid drinker here. 100% of the people you know at Alaska must be new FOs if 80% hate it and want to leave. True, there are some who are talking about opportunities elsewhere. Here's the real deal ... noone was happy with the Kasher "award", which hit junior FOs hardest of all. And, as in many other circumstances, a vocal minority can sway public opinion. However, the fact is that, while many are not happy with the current state of things at Alaska 1) few will actually act on their convictions, pull the handles and leave to start a career elsewhere (my educated guess is less than 25 when all is said and done, no matter what you hear about AS pilots in pools elsewhere), and 2) AS pilots will get some of "Kasher" back in the next contract. Most are still happy to be at AS , if not just happy that they aren't at many of the other carriers right now. I don't mean to say that there is nothing wrong with AS, but to paint a picture that almost everyone hates it here is simply not the case. Actually, in the big scheme of things, there aren't many better places to be.
There will be way, way more AS pilots who bail early to preserve the current provisions of the A-plan (lump sum) than will bail due to "the grass is greener" syndrome. Just my opinion.

fly-n-fish said:
There will be way, way more AS pilots who bail early to preserve the current provisions of the A-plan (lump sum) than will bail due to "the grass is greener" syndrome. Just my opinion.

This is absolutely correct. No doubt.

Ready2Fly said:
flx 757 is TheGuat, Rhoid, IHaveAPension, LucyFurr, E170GuppyKiller, TheGuppyKiller, GuppyKiller, TheMissingLink, ABXpert, UPSer, RJDC, OUT, 410Dude, BR549, FreightNazi....etc...etc... Ignore anything and everything he has to say. He has been "permanently" banned over 20 times yet continues to come around just to annoy people. Swat this fly.

What's the matter Rhoid? Getting tired of registering for the 25th time just to continue to flame...so you try something this lame...again???:laugh:

It not just new hires, folks that have been there for 20 plus years, some just five, and a few less than a year. A childhood friend of mine has only been paid by the AG since he was 18 and is on his way to receive his 40 year pin prior to retirement is one of those that hates it. Neighbors on my block regret the desertion five years ago, and a few are acting upon the hate. We watched the same thing happen in the late 90's with AS pilots moving to United, AA and Delta. This is not a new syndrome that the employees are showing. Another friend and former boss has been there twenty years and is not expecting to see his A plan retirement that he was promised, he still has ten years to go. The AAG has show in in its history they will stick it to which ever group and what ever time the management thinks is getting out of line. The 55 million dollar profit when you remove the 15 million QX may or may not have made and divide that by the number of pilots it is almost the amount the pilots lost. I agree it is not the worst place to work, but research your decision and don't short change yourself for a "major" title.

:cartman:I must be an idiot...but I can't log onto the website and update my profile!! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

Latest resources

Back