Any Current Alaska Interview Gouge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mass email

I believe that the email you all are getting is a mass mailing going out to all pilots who had an application on file. On 5/22/06 the transition from CP Major's hiring system to CP Spero's hiring system seems to have taken effect. I've read the email, and it basically says that you need to reapply before 6/30/06 if you want to be in the system for further consideration. My guess is that this is just a simple way to purge the data base of old applicants who are no longer interested and start a fresh list with current interested people.
As to the sim ride - if you have a good amount of total time and 1000 pic turbine - you probably won't see it. They reserve the right to sim anybody, but the word on the street is that only low pic time pilots are being put in the box.
I have been told that the rest of the interview consists of a "board" meeting with a couple of Captains and a HR person, and if you pass, then a one on one with another HR person, as well as the psych test. Don't forget the nicotine test as well. It looks pretty poor to say that you don't smoke, then test positive for nicotine.
Good luck to all.
AK737FO

Hey AK737,

Do you know if that second interview, the one-on-one, is usually done same day, or do you go home and wait for a call back?

I know this is new to everyone, thanks for all the info.

Stupid question.
I also got the email a few days ago, but how do I take the survey?
I just can't find it on the website.
Thanks.

To get to the survey I jsut clicked on the "Pilot" pistion link, as opposed to the "future pilot hiring" link. It took me straight to the survey and I just made sure my on-line app. and resume were up-to-date. hopefully that's enough.

I had the interview last week and it was great. They really made a sincere effort to get to know you and what you stand for. No sim, wasn't told why, but I assume the other postings about low timer's possibly doing it were correct. I have the 2nd interview coming up. Sounds like they just want to make sure you really want to be there and make sure you fit their corporate culture. I'm so excited for the thumbs up, Alaska is a class act. I believe their hiring 2 classes a month. Not sure what exact numbers but sounded like their going steady. Didn't submit an online internal SB, but brought a couple to the interview. As I said had a great time. If you go in there and be yourself, that's want they want to see. Good Luck.

45000BTU's said:
I believe their hiring 2 classes a month. Not sure what exact numbers but sounded like their going steady. quote]

Right now we are running one class a month of about 8-12. This could increase in the future as staffing needs dictate...but as of now, just one class a month. Montly classes will continue for at least the next three years.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. All prospective new hires at any company, just after their interview, think that company is a "class act".

Latest resources

Back