Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any charter or corporate in central Florida?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pattern-Master

so get outta my way
Anyone know of any charter or corporate pilot positions available in central Florida? I'm sitting at about 2000 ttl, and about 300 multi. and would be looking for entry level SIC position. Thanx

Smash,

Maybe you could help this gentleman out, then? It's great to see you are furthering the discussion. Feel free to post some jobs in that area.

Pattern,

SAS called me for a 604 position with about the same times as you. Pay is pretty bad from what I hear but upgrade can come fairly quickly.

PM, my advise is to find out first hand about Southern Air Systems. There are many negative posts in this forum about them, but most are second/third/fourth hand.

They are advertising for first officers. Send them a resume and speak with a CP and make your own determination.

I really doubt that a 1000 hour pilot has any first hand knowledge.

I am just shy of 1500 TT now, not a great deal more than 1000 I agree, though am building my way up. Anyway, about first hand experience - that I do have. A pretty unprofessional outfit. I was called by their Asst. Chief Pilot about 3-4 months back on a sunday evening near 9pm. Anyway, being pretty enthusiasic, I didn't really question the phonecall, but was fairly chuffed. Anyway, spoke to the guy for about an hour at length, and we agreed to meet next day at their offices in Tampa. I show up, and it told me that I was hired on the spot. Made me fill out all paperwork and all - and told me that I should expect a flight within the next few days. Now, I asked quite a few questions. I mean if someone is telling me that I'm to expect a flight in the next few days I want to know about pay, unform, aircraft etc etc. I was told very little indeed. I was told to expect the Beechjet.

Ok, being a rookie at the 135 game, I figured I'd do just that, wait a few days for the call. Two weeks later, I called the guy and politely asked if he'd arranged a flight for me yet. He acted as though I was bothering him and just told me to 'hang in there'. Ok, well another two weeks had passed and insted of calling him I emailed him - as I didn't want to look like a pain in the ass by calling him again. Anyway, I got a RUDE email back asking me never to email or call them again. Did I do something wrong? One call and one email in the space of one month - and that's what I got. Anyway, I never bothered with them any further. Better things have come along (thankfully).

I don't mind and have nothing against a company for not taking me, you win some, you lose some, but don't tell me I'm hired and then give me a "don't call us, we'll call you".

It wasn't so bad for me as I'm in Central Florida anyway, but (now this story is second hand), apparently they gave some poor guy in S. Carolina the "you're hired" line - he packed up and relocated to Tampa for them to give him the same run around. That is NOT right.

Last edited:
Smash, fair enough. I stand corrected as you obviously have first hand knowledge.

I would suspect that this person did not have "hiring authority," but overstepped his authority anyway.

My advice is: if you are not given a "hiring letter" that spells out your pay, benefits, conditions of employment, work hours, etc., you have not been hired. This letter is usually generated by HRO, but not always.

Thank you for the detailed response.

Thanks for everyone's input. I do currently have a few regional interviews lined up, however as you can imagine I'm not to crazy about working for one. I'm pretty fortunate to have a great and understanding wife who makes great money and we have a home in central Florida and not looking to move. My point being even if I worked for some half a$$ed company but allows me to based close to home I will take a look at what they have to offer. I did take a look at some of the posts about SAS and was not impressed by what I read, however I will give them the benefit of the doubt and check it out myself. I only live an hour from Tampa so I guess it could'nt hurt.

P-M check your PM.

Ill give you first hand on southern air systems. They are a horrible company yes you will up grade quick, if you can stand there bull********************. to many negatives to list. dont waste your time and yes the pay sux. and sas doesn't even have a 604 they have a old 600. which you will never get typed or become captain in because the dso whatever that means runs that plane and he sux the owners $#@$# to keep it that way. stay away from this place and "you'll be squared away"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back