Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any 76-seater FO's getting called from Emirates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seemed as though they decided to lift the weight restriction a few months ago (when they invited several CR2 FO's to interview in ATL) only to change their mind at the last minute and cancel on everybody. Maybe they had more qualified Americans than they expected... But when a hiring boom does occur, those guys will dry up quickly.

Not surprised that FOs with no PIC are making the jump. I have several pilot and FA friends over there and they're saying its a blast. The golden age of aviation seems to have been revived in Dubai

We've had several 100/200 guys get interviews and jobs both there and Quatar with no problems...no 70/90 time at all. Several have been downgrades, however, and had at least a type-rating.

It seemed as though they decided to lift the weight restriction a few months ago (when they invited several CR2 FO's to interview in ATL) only to change their mind at the last minute and cancel on everybody. Maybe they had more qualified Americans than they expected... But when a hiring boom does occur, those guys will dry up quickly.

Wouldn't be the first time they've done that. Longer ago than a few months some guys interviewed and were later informed the GTOW requirement was back in effect and they wouldnt be considered for employment.

I think its only a matter of time before emirates starts letting people be based in the states with the amount of growth they have planned

Whats more likely is that they will say they are considering it to lure people and then never do it. Emirates is a company that likes to control things and when people are based it is difficult to do that. Not only that, but just look at the fiasco Cathay is going through because of their basings.

I know a Captain who applied less than a month ago, had a little over 4000TT, only CRJ-200 time, and got short listed at Emirates. Does anyone know if they've changed the rule? EK requires 4000TT/2000Jet or 2500Jet modern, multi crew. Can it be that for those that qualify under the 2500 jet rule, the CRJ-200 doesn't count; but if you have 4000 total and 2000 in a CRJ-200, then you do qualify?

Maybe it's been changed?

I know a Captain who applied less than a month ago, had a little over 4000TT, only CRJ-200 time, and got short listed at Emirates. Does anyone know if they've changed the rule? EK requires 4000TT/2000Jet or 2500Jet modern, multi crew. Can it be that for those that qualify under the 2500 jet rule, the CRJ-200 doesn't count; but if you have 4000 total and 2000 in a CRJ-200, then you do qualify?

Maybe it's been changed?

things at emirates are always changing. I was told the mins were different by two people at the very same open house. I was invited, then uninvited then re-invited then re-univited to a pre screening in ATL. I met all mins even the 30t mgtow but was told since it was in a biz jet it wasn't valid. So the short answer to your question, throw the dice and see what happens.

Spoke to an Emitates captain in LA the other day, seems they're doing Long Haul these days with about as many days off you guys are getting at the regionals... Still lots of growth, airplanes on order etc and good if your a young whippersnapper keen to see the world and experience some challenging flying.

Also speaking to ex-emirati it would appear that it would be a cold day in you know what when Emirates incorporate out station basings, but who really knows.

Last edited:
Spoke to an Emitates captain in LA the other day, seems they're doing Long Haul these days with about as many days off you guys are getting at the regionals... Still lots of growth, airplanes on order etc and good if your a young whippersnapper keen to see the world and experience some challenging flying.

Also speaking to ex-emirati it would appear that it would be a cold day in you know what when Emirates incorporate out station basings, but who really knows.

Yes, as far as I know, the max days off in a normal month is 14.

Kind of defeats the purpose of flying long-haul, from a pilot's perspective, doesn't it? Why do 14 days off a month unless it's easy, daytime flying.

Can anyone from EK or a good connection there confirm that part?

I know of someone on the A-330 and he absolutely despises the place.

Others seem to love it.

Latest resources

Back