Another Pilot Shirt Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dashocho

Guys, sorry to beat a dead horse on this subject, but I'm looking all over the internet and have had no luck looking for tall AND tapered pilot shirts. I'm around 6'4" and can find one or the other but none in the same combo. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck. I'm sick of getting shirts too short, or too fat. Either way they always untuck and look like crap. Thx in advance!

First of all, I wish I had your problem. Have you tried pilotshirts.com? They offer a tapered shirt with very long shirtails that don't come untucked. Give them a try.

IAHERJ

You said the same exact thing I did, only you used blue..........(the fedex commercial)

IAHERJ

Time for some more sartorial advice from the Wildest Manny out there. People ask for advice about shoes, I give it. Now we go to shirts...

The fix to your shirt problem is easy: go custom. Especially useful for big and tall guys. Cost: $120 per--don't freak, you can afford it, it's just that you've been conditioned to look and live cheap as a pilot and there's no excuse for that. I've been having shirts and silk lined pants made in the U.S. for years and they are the best. I know, I know, it's expensive, but you'll look great and not like some fat, frumpy, piece of s___ captain that everyone looks at as he walks down the concourse eating his hotdog and spilling mustard on his shirt. I digress.

Pants: All wool, preferably a fine Merino and 120 count minimum (your tailor knows what that means). Get them color matched to your uniform. Have them lined with silk or satin and you'll fairly swish down the concourse. Get a full cut and that way they'll never bind you in the wrong spots. Again, $150 per, but trust me, it's worth it.

Dress pants are dress pants so that's not too hard to get. Get one of your favorite dress shirts, take it to the best store in your town (if you live in a small town with five and dime stores, might I suggest going to a big town--after all, you're a high flying pilot and can get anywhere), and tell their shirt guy to do you up--have him measure all the parts of your favorite shirts to get the fit just how you like it. All cotton pinpoints with all the proper collars, pockets, epaulets, pearled buttons, the whole deal. Make sure he doesn't send the order to some sweatshop in Asia, the quality just isn't there. Ask if he uses an outfit maybe in the garment district in New York or London.

Get ready to iron, but also get ready for the onslaught of flight attendants that will notice you as a bespoke pilot. Like I said in the previous post about shoes, the girls will follow you...all the way back to your room. Any pilot that knows how to dress right off the bat differentiates himself from the masses of cheap sons-of-b_____ these chicks are used to dealing with. If you are single, you have no excuse not to put on some fine armor and give yourself a leg up to get a leg up, know what I mean? It worked for me...

Fashionably yours,

Wildmanny

Last edited:
www.landerwoodshirts.com

Been using them for years. I am 6'4" also. They stay tucked. If the site didn't load up when I checked it but I am at a hotel (MSY W) computer. Google it to find them

Unit
Dapper

i second landerwood. they are simply the best shirts out there. not only that but a nice small family business in CLT.

Latest resources

Back