• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another MOU agreed to at US Airways, if you believe it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The East is gonna get pounded. Who will win out eventually? The Westies. There are tons of senior AA guys that will bail, along with plenty of old farts at the East. Throw in the NIC award which will legally have to be a part of this, and the Westies win hands down eventually, and USAPA is remembered as a skid mark at US.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I would like to generously thank you fellows for refraining from quoting and reposting the dribble from the several FI trolls and goobers who have entered this thread.

A homebrew I pour for you!

Hush? YOU KNOW NOBODY ELSE HAS DISREGARDED A BINDING ARBITRATION AWARD. You know that. You hush. That side has NO honor. If you sign up for something, then follow through. What a bunch of jerks. Everyone should be ashamed of them. And how are the Westies guilty again? They followed through. They abided by the award. The only reason they didn't get to follow through fully is because they had fewer numbers than the East side. Tell me that is not true Cave. You can't.

Bye Bye---General Lee

First of all genitalia calm down. All I said was that pilot's on both sides of this and any merge/acquisition for that matter, will look out for themselves. Yes east took the low road, but it was the option they chose because they felt the ruling was unfair.

Don't feel the need to be the voice of the west. Everything that can ever be said about east/west has already been said. We can all just search the topic if any of us ever miss these ridiculous back and forths.

I now respectfully ask that you jam it in your a$$.

The reality is that this merger will be such a paradigm shift, no more USAir, no more USAPA, a whole new (huge) group of guys to consider. Right or wrong they are going to round file the NIC and start all over, defer to MCkaskill-Bond and reshuffle the deck. It's gonna be a big turd pie and we're all gonna have to take a bite!

The reality is that this merger will be such a paradigm shift, no more USAir, no more USAPA, a whole new (huge) group of guys to consider. Right or wrong they are going to round file the NIC and start all over, defer to MCkaskill-Bond and reshuffle the deck. It's gonna be a big turd pie and we're all gonna have to take a bite!

Agreed...But, what do I know....

Swing and a miss.

Agreed. A few ostriches will never pull their head out but dinner starts with the vote on the MOU. Big spoonfuls. A smorgasbord with good and bad, and a little extra bling all around will mitigate whatever ails you. :D

How exactly do you round file the NIC? The NIC lives in the transition agreement between US east AND America West. The NIC will become active for the US Airways pilots once we are all on a Single contract.

We will all be on a single contract prior to any M/B arbitration. Hence the activation of the NIC. The NIC will then be the list the company sets forth to the arbitrator along with Americans seniority list.

The East still has the right to vote NO on any contract that will include the NIC. That is their option and I wouldn't be suprised if they do turn down a 60k dollar pay raise. However, once the NMB declares APA the barganing agent for all pilots. The East will be the minority an APA will vote a contract in for us all.

Now of course the transition agreement can be modified by the company and USAPA to include language other than the NIC for seniority. In my mind that would be great because of the damages that will be awarded to the west.

So basically there is no way around the NIC, unless of course USAPA can come up with a Legitimate Union Purpose for altering an agreed upon seniority list and an agreed upon transition agreement.

With or without the east the NIC will be the list. Get a contract now or wait 2 years. It's up to you. Is this clear yet? I'd be happy to explain over a beer.

With or without the east the NIC will be the list. Get a contract now or wait 2 years. It's up to you. Is this clear yet? I'd be happy to explain over a beer.
Blah,blah,blah...Apparently you know more than the 9th CCOA and Jdg. Silver.
What, did you stay at a Holiday Inn Select last night??
Nic is a toxic TURD that would gum-up this merger. The APA doesn't want it...And whatever the APA wants, they will get.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back