Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt. Over

Haulin' it on 18 wheels.
Well, I have another "to go, or not to go" dilema to play with so I thought I'd put it out for some opinions. I've been furloughed for 2 years from the place I've always wanted to be and would spend the rest of my career. In that time I've spent most of my time doing anything but flying. I have recently started a 135 freight job back flying twin cessnas like I did at my very first flying job. The job is easy and I'm home every night one week and then overnight Mon. thru Thurs. the next week. It is flying and I'm glad I am able to do SOMETHING flying airplanes, even if it's single pilot freight in a 310. I have found out though that the family-owned company I'm with is run by a group of unfriendly, hard to talk to, talk behind your back, complete jerks. I only have one iron in the fire as far as a possible job I would love to have and hope to get a call from. If that doesn't work out, I'm back to square one, flying for these people that I avoid like the plague. I go to work and I don't talk to anyone, just load my freight and leave.....not much fun to say the least. So, I get a call to interview at a regional I worked for in '98 flying 121 in turbine airplanes again. However, I would make less money the first couple years, unless I upgraded. I already have the type and can still remember the company flows. It would be wierd being back at the bottom of the same seniority list I left long ago. Probably only 10 days off a month and back to commuting. But they would let me keep my seniority number with my mainline carrier while I was there. So, do I stay flying PIC recip 135 and work 4 hours a day and be off every weekend while only being overnight 8 nights a month and not worry about working for idiots and wait for my recall in a couple years or do I head back to XYZ airlines making less and being gone more with a worse schedule? Man, you gotta love this industry heh? :p :D ;)

1) Do you think that you will ever be
recalled at your place you always wanted
to work? Or at least in a resonable
amount of time?

2) I saw the 1900 in your profile...is it a
good place to work, or a typical pos
commuter line? Did you like it there?
Have things gotten better or worse
there over the last few years? The
place I am at I hardly recognize as
the place I went to work for, and it's
not for the better!