Another ignorant celebrity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Viva
Don't you remember 9/11, or is your memory that short? I know you will follow up with "what does Saddam have to do with the Al Qaeda?" Simply put there have been terrorist groups trained in and around Baghdad for many years. Recent evidence also suggests that terrorist cells have recieved specific training on how to hijack airplanes. Talking will do nothing when you are trying to get rid of a mad man, you must act to get rid of him. Now you will say " weapons of mass destruction, there's no proof of that." Why is it that all the people(read Liberal media types) who were looking for evidence of these weapons in order for us to be allowed to go to war are afraid that Saddam will now use these weapons on our troops. I thought you didn't believe they existed. You will be shocked when we learn the whole story about what really is going on over there and also what role the French, Germans and Russians had in it, they will be humiliated. I find it truly offensive that you blame the Bush administration for what is going on, not Iraq.

Flame away Lib types.

President Clinton was no better leader in many respects, but that doesn't have anythig to do with what President Bush is presently doing with Iraq. We're not talking about the former President. We're talking about Iraq.

This latest debacle from a President (and I will never disrespect the office by using goofy names) who believes that "Might Makes Right" will come back to haunt us. Mark my words. You heard it here first. These chickens will come home to roost. And then the hawks among us will again be calling for the overthrow of some legitimately elected governement somewhere.

Bottom line ... we're bullies and we will pay. It appears everyone in the entire f@cking planet sees that except a few who have swallowed the bait. We think we can determine which governments have a right to exist and which do not. He!! ... we HELPED SADDAM TO POWER and we also TRAINED HIS SECRET POLICE and many Army officers. We will get our collective 'come-uppence' in time. That is how life works, whether you Hawks agree that it's just or not. It's kharma, or as the Bible says "reaping what you sow".

Herman Goering said ... "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denouce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."

Scary times bros ....

Minh

Snakum......

"we're bullies and we will pay"

What in the heck do you think Saddam is....a choir boy?
I don't know about you, but when I voted in the last election, I don't recall seeing Kofi Anon's name on any ballot that I cast. Nor did I see the leader of France, Russia, China, Mexico, or any other country on my ballot. I voted for my candidates in Congress, and for the current president, who by our rules, won that election. I could not give a rip about what other countries populace think about it. Our congress gave the president the authority to go to war if need be, and it appears he is about to exercise that authority, as his oath of office dictates that he should. I (and others) elected the folk's in office now to defend our country, against all enemies, foriegn or domestic. WMD's in the hands of Saddam are a menace to America, and if the UN can't/won't act, then it is incumbent on OUR government to protect our country, per the constitution.

Snakum, Viva,
Thank God you don't hold a position of power. By being passive we would surely lose the war against terrorists and their kind, like Saddam. We won't be haunted by this, we will continue to fight the people who threaten our way of life and we will win.

Snakum,
I just re-read your post and I think you are so far off your rocker it's laughable. The whole world is against us? Ask the countries that are against us why they feel that way, they wouldn't answer for fear of what they have to lose when we topple Iraq. Money is why the French, Germans, Russians are against this. Arms for oil. They are not opposed to the war for some higher ideological principle. You are the blind one if you don't see that.

So now she's sorry she said it and it caused a stir. . . . . . . Well that doesn't cut it Fat Girl. I guess the snivelling dixie chick's pocketbook and public image is more important than her convictions.

VivaZapata- "preemptive attack on Iraq"

Tell me how 14 years is preemptive!! Plus, Iraq has been shooting at us for years... that's not propaganda that is fact! I just got off the phone with a friend who was patroling the no fly zone for the UN, they get shot at ALL THE TIME!

Snakum- "we're bullies and we will pay"
"we HELPED SADDAM TO POWER and we also TRAINED HIS SECRET POLICE and many Army officers"

Bullies... if that is what you want to call us go ahead.. I call us strong and unselfish country who provides the backbone (NATO) for the UN and chooses to not be reactive but proactive against threats to our peace and world peace. About Saddam, you are right, and I guess it can remind us that people change.. and about "reaping what you sow", just what would we be sowing by leaving Hussein alone, and giving him some more time?

This is a man, whom on the human rights side of the issue, no one would would call this leader anything other than evil. He has his whole entire country living in "Stockholm Syndrome."
I just recently met an Iraqi gentleman at the airport and he asked me if I flew in the military as well.. We started talking and what this man told me was incredible. He said he prays to his god for the US to stay on track and free the people of Iraq and his family members. I asked him what he thought about taking the risk of the military strike with loss of innocent life.. He responded "If we (Americans) thought Russian roulette was a horrible game, we should never play Saddam roulette," he is willing to take the risk with our guided bombs and strategic weapons, but the greatest loss of innocent Iraqi life will be caused by Saddam himself. I asked him about American sentiment in Iraq. He said it shows that the people of Iraq believe they will not be freed and would rather be seen on TV by Saddam or Iraqi leaders praising him or burning American flags b/c it could mean Saddam sees this and comes and gives the family money/wealth/or a car. But to speak out against Saddam, that would mean certain death, in fact eradication of all family members first, and if not by Saddam or his military the other Iraqis would do it b/c Saddam might learn that a citizen did this for him (kill the family, or the person who said things against the regime) and give them money/wealth/or a car... Imagine life like that. Want more facts, in the 80's he openly spoke and continues to speak about reconquering the Babylonian Empire. He speaks out openly his disdain for the US and praise for the actions of OBD. He offers riches and payouts to families of suicide bombers against what he calls "Evil countries." Is he a threat to US, his neighbors, and the free world? Is he getting a green light by the UN with his disregard for the resolutions, and seeing/feeling no action?

There is no course for diplomacy with a person who has a track record of deceit, lies, diregard for his neighbors (Kuwait), disregard for his own people, and for international law. Sounds like a leader who's handshake and word is worth talking it out with. "Let sleeping dogs lie" if I hear someone say that again I am gonna puke, he is not sleeping, nor laying down.. he is active and poising himself.

Last edited:
100LL... Again! said:
They could get rid of her. The other two have all the musical talent, and frankly, most of the looks.

The Dixie Chicks date to well before Natalie Maines. I liked them back in 1994, and Natalie was not in the group then. The other two women were though.

To me what the sad part is, is that she said all these things in a foriegn country, which smacks of cowardice to me. Why not say those things here.

Yes I have about had it with these celebrity idiots and their delusions of self importance. When is the last time a celebridiot who criticized Bush, offered anything that might work better.

At least Brad Pitt when asked what he thought said "Why are you asking me, I am an actor"

Sheryl Crow's amazing intellectual contribution was to the effect of "Well we should just not have enemies". Wow, I am just in awe of her. I guess we should just subsidize the terrorists and have Bin Laden et al, write our foreign policy.

Lately these musicians and actors whine about backlash and censorship when people do not choose to listen or play their music or do not want to watch their movies.

Sorry, its a free country. They can say what they want, and we can do that what we want in response. Its amazing what they call censorship these days. No one has a right to have their music played, or has a right to be watched.

This French woman I know was complaining to me about how bad it was that artists and musicians are possibly losing money because of airing views...awwwwwww. My heart bleeds.

I certainly cant go to my workplace and make a big public spectacle of my views and not expect to get into some crap for it.

The she said how she felt that it was nearing fascism here and how people are not allowed to air their views, or that the get in trouble when they do.

I had to reply "Oh, you mean we should be like France who told the Eastern European countries to shut up when they aired their views about Iraq or risk not joining EU?

Last edited:
America

I served my country for 4 years. I fought for the right for us to say and do what we like. I think that she has just as much right to say she's against this thing as the next person saying they are for it. This is America. Remember that please.

Its not that they dont have the right to say it.. They do. But being that it is a free country for all, that does not mean that people have to put up with it or like what they say. Choosing not to listen or etc, is also an act of freedom.

It isnt like she has been put in jail for saying anything or had her tongue cut out, like what would have happened in Iraq

One group, Mudvayne I think or somethink like it, called it an "act of terrorism" when some station decided not to play their music because of some comments they had said.

Latest resources

Back