Another CRJ tech questions (2)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PeanuckleCRJ said:
it's all system 2. It free falls and the hydraulic system 2 forces it into locking.
Ok so how does it force it into locking? Would that the the fabled cylinder within the main cylinder I have heard about.

ha......I just noticed the add in the upper right corner of this page has a $695 pinnacle prep class! I did that interview one time it was CAKE why would you need that. And yes I got the job I turned it down though.

edit: Ok you have got to go to that website not only can you get the PNCL prep you can also get a beauty pageant prep while you are there......am I pretty enough??????? http://www.emeraldcoastinterviewconsulting.com/

Last edited:
The CRJ MLG is driven to the down and locked position during an alternate extension with the aid of the downlock assist actuator. This is a seperate actuator that is connected at the top of the gear fitting and during normal operation just moves freely with the gear but during the Emerg. Ext has #2 hyd system pressure routed to it via the downlock assist actuator selector valve. This actuator is hard to see, it connects at the top of the gear fitting and is for the most part in the wing root area outboard of the landing gear itself. Hope this answers some questions.

SpoilerFault said:
The CRJ MLG is driven to the down and locked position during an alternate extension with the aid of the downlock assist actuator. This is a seperate actuator that is connected at the top of the gear fitting and during normal operation just moves freely with the gear but during the Emerg. Ext has #2 hyd system pressure routed to it via the downlock assist actuator selector valve. This actuator is hard to see, it connects at the top of the gear fitting and is for the most part in the wing root area outboard of the landing gear itself. Hope this answers some questions.

Now that sounds correct to me -Thanks

Latest resources

Back