• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another bid to buy Midwest Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been hearing that there is another bid to buy out Midwest Airlines??? Anyone else hearing whispers?

another AAI bid or is there another suitor?

I heard it was US Airways. They are not confident in the Delta deal and are looking for a decent midwest hub.

:)

GP

Heyas,

Actually, word is that it's NWA. They don't like the fact that AAI can't really come up with an original idea of their own, such as MKE and IND.

In both cases, NWA was first in when someone was stumbling (Midwest and ATA), and the copycats at AirTran said "hey, lets do that, too!".

So it's payback time...they will either snatch Midwest out from under them, like they did with CAL from DAL in 1998, or they'll start a bidding war so AAI winds up paying substantially more than they would have, either of which accomplishes NWA goals.

Nu

Heyas,

Actually, word is that it's NWA. They don't like the fact that AAI can't really come up with an original idea of their own, such as MKE and IND.

Nu

You just making that up, or have you heard it from somewhere credible? It would not suprise me, and with the NWA background in DC9 series acft would be a no brainer from a training/integration stand point.

Personally I think it would be more NWA like to just to crush AAI on a bidding war......

Latest resources

Back