Another Airtran/SWA cockpit thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jball2

I know this has already been discussed but because of the experience I had yesterday, I felt it needed to be readdressed. Long story short, I was nonreving on Airtran and as always, I let the cockpit crew know I was there. The captain was a great guy and gave me a warm welcome. The FO, was completely immature and decided to take the low road. He refused to shake my hand and turned around in a huff only to start bitching about the SLI proposal loud enough that I, as well as the paying customers, could hear it in the PAX cabin.

I understand he feels pretty insulted by the AIP but he has to know that I had nothing to do with it. I am not even sure I am going to vote for it. I know he is frustrated with the process but to be unprofessional toward a fellow pilot and act like a baby is poor form. He can direct his anger upward at those who made this happen but he has to realize regular line swine like me are along for the ride just like him, only armed with a vote if it even comes to it.

I feel certain we have some on our side that need to be policed as well. Trust me, I will be glad to help with that any way I can. However, for those of us that commute, please keep is professional, I just want to get to work like I always have.

Sincerely,
jball2
An ATL commuter

Sorry to hear it. Not shaking hands is childish, and talking about this stuff in front of pax or other employees is in bad form. We all have
our buffoons.

Last edited:
If you PM me the flight number and date, I'll pass it along to our Prof Standards folks. That is juvenile to say the least. BTW, I'm non-reving on a SWA flight right now!

Sorry for the immaturity...

The core problem is that if the AIP passes, you're going to have that kind of bitterness infecting your flight decks for DECADES. Is that what you really want?

Embarrassing to say the least. But it's not his fault, it's his parent's fault. It's the way he was raised. I'm surprised his captain did not straighten him out.

I'm sorry that happened, two days ago I was in the food court in MDW two feet in front of a SWA pilot. I said "hi, how's it going". He look at me,glanced down at my badge and turned and walked away. I was in uniform. I have come to the conclusion that Pilots are more jealous than a sixteen year old cheerleader. I fear will never be a SWA pilot, I'll always be an AT guy and an outsider to a lot of people over there.

Thanks Slaquer! I look forward to flying with you again!

I am sorry for our jack$$ in the MDW food court. As I said before, we have some policing to do on our side as well.

If you PM me the flight number and date, I'll pass it along to our Prof Standards folks. That is juvenile to say the least. BTW, I'm non-reving on a SWA flight right now!

Sorry for the immaturity...

I dont think pro standards deals with shaking of another pilots hand.

Latest resources

Back