• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nimtz

:erm:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4451440.stm

BBC News:
EU-US land 'open skies' agreement

The US and Europe have agreed to lift restrictions on flights across the Atlantic.
The breakthrough "open skies" deal follows years of talks aimed at liberalising air services between the US and Europe.
The deal still requires the approval by the US and the 25 EU member states.
Currently, flights between the US and EU are restricted by a number of bilateral deals that have been negotiated by individual governments.
Fundamental changes ahead
Under Friday's deal, US airlines will be free to fly both to airports in the European Union and from there to third destinations.
Similarly, European airlines will be able to fly to US airports and from there to other destinations.
An open skies agreement could see major changes to trans-Atlantic services from London's Heathrow airport, with the US keen to secure wider access for its carriers.
Experts say full liberalisation between the EU and US could transform the industry, leading to mergers between airlines.
However, Friday's deal falls short of opening up for total foreign ownership of US airlines.

Last edited:
nimtz said:
:erm:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4451440.stm

BBC News:
EU-US land 'open skies' agreement

The US and Europe have agreed to lift restrictions on flights across the Atlantic.
The breakthrough "open skies" deal follows years of talks aimed at liberalising air services between the US and Europe.

This is the equivalent of offshoring pilot jobs. Without a doubt, the same pressure that so-called LCCs have had on legacy carriers will come to bear on the entire U.S. airline industry. We haven't seen the likes of LCCs until we see foreign captains flying heavies for $40/hr undercut U.S. domestic flying.

Well, I guess they better make room at Heathrow for all of the US air carriers!

Do you guys that voted for Bush ever wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say: "Wow. I really blew it back there, last November."?

SeaLord said:
Do you guys that voted for Bush ever wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say: "Wow. I really blew it back there, last November."?

No.

Any time I worry about Bush I just remember "It coulda been Kerry". Then I vomit a few times and I feel much better.

Ignorance is bliss, as they say. By the way, when will Bush start doing a good job? You can't actually assume things would have been worse with Kerry can you? Hypothetical arguments are fun in a tavern, but this is the real world brother. Time for you Bushies to face the cold hard truth that your man is an abject moron, wholly incapable of leading this country. So far so good?????

SeaLord said:
Ignorance is bliss, as they say. By the way, when will Bush start doing a good job? You can't actually assume things would have been worse with Kerry can you? Hypothetical arguments are fun in a tavern, but this is the real world brother. Time for you Bushies to face the cold hard truth that your man is an abject moron, wholly incapable of leading this country. So far so good?????

Ignorance is bliss, as they say. By the way, when will Kerry have any lasting legacy other than saying "Bush stole the election from me"? Yes, I absolutely can assume things would have been worse with Kerry, just like you assume things would have been better with Kerry. Hypothetical arguments are fun in a tavern, but this is the real world brother. Time for you Kerryites to face the cold hard truth that your man didn't win, and didn't win because he wasn't worthy, wholly incapable of leading this country. So far so good????

See how easy this nonsense is? You have any better argument?

Thought not.

I.P. Freley said:
Ignorance is bliss, as they say. By the way, when will Kerry have any lasting legacy other than saying "Bush stole the election from me"? Yes, I absolutely can assume things would have been worse with Kerry, just like you assume things would have been better with Kerry. Hypothetical arguments are fun in a tavern, but this is the real world brother. Time for you Kerryites to face the cold hard truth that your man didn't win, and didn't win because he wasn't worthy, wholly incapable of leading this country. So far so good????

See how easy this nonsense is? You have any better argument?

Thought not.

Just my opinion, but I think the situation is totally fubar. If you think your man is doing a good job, you must be, either making a lot of money, or totally clueless.

Let's see:

Weakened unions.

TSA.

Outsourcing of jobs.

Three major issues that airline pilots complain about. Three issues Bush is directly responsible for. Yet most airline pilots love him.

Next time I hear a republican pilot complain about TSA...

Please tell us what your man Kerry would have done different? Other than raise taxes and promote the homosexual agenda.

Latest resources

Back