• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

and the d-bag award of the week goes to ... ->

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have to be careful about hurrying to land an aircraft. A lot of emergencies turned into crashes because the crew rushed things. A present we don't know what was going on in the cockpit, so until we do, all we are doing a speculating.
My point exactly. That's why I am annoyed with Captain Fongern, who has already publicly pointed the finger at the UPS crew.

How close did they get to Qatar or Bahrain? My understanding is they were talking to Bahrain. Heard this from a crew on the gnd at IUD that heard it all go down. 744 doesn't have "closest airports" like the MD11 does.

Yeah, Monday morning quarterbacking is unprofessional... so I have to think there was a reason they passed up Sha Ikisia (however you spell it), Bahrain, Doha, Al Dhafra, and Abu Dhabi. Maybe they thought the fire was under control. Who knows... but they were so confident in their decision they bet their lives on it. Sadly, it didn't work out.

Aren't lufthansa guys the same airline that took thier sweet time and fly the full app in to saudi when thier md11 was on fire and crashed and burned that md11 on landing 3 months ago?. I wonder what this goof ball capt has to say about thier elite airline trng.

I wonder what this goof ball capt has to say about thier elite airline trng.
Being familiar with the German culture and language, the answer is simple: We Yanks are just a bunch of dumb cowboys that don't know what we are doing. LH is the best. Period. Don't even dare to question.

The Brits (incl. Cathay Pacific) think the same. It's the "my sh!t doesn't stink" attitude and as a matter of fact they invented flying. LH pilots feel quite elite because the selection process is quite hard (DLR selection). Being familiar with their (IMHO useless) selection test, I am still amazed at some of their incident fiascos, where common sense seemingly had departed. But again, who am I (or YOU reading this) questioning their perfect airline?

brownie, why don't you pass this along to the IPA? I am sure they appreciate Mr. "LH Perfect Pilot" questioning the UPS pilots performance (before knowing all the facts).

Last edited:
Being familiar with the German culture and language, the answer is simple: We Yanks are just a bunch of dumb cowboys that don't know what we are doing. LH is the best. Period. Don't even dare to question.

The Brits (incl. Cathay Pacific) think the same. It's the "my sh!t doesn't stink" attitude and as a matter of fact they invented flying. LH pilots feel quite elite because the selection process is quite hard (DLR selection). Being familiar with their (IMHO useless) selection test, I am still amazed at some of their incident fiascos, where common sense seemingly had departed. But again, who am I (or YOU reading this) questioning their perfect airline?

brownie, why don't you pass this along to the IPA? I am sure they appreciate Mr. "LH Perfect Pilot" questioning the UPS pilots performance (before knowing all the facts).
I will but for now the IPA doesn't want the membership to post any pic's or article regarding this matter since this was the wishes of capt's and fo's family until all the facts are out and the pilots are respectfully back in the states to rejoin thier family members. I will post this despicable article the first chance i get. Thanx for looking out after this group of fine people.

Latest resources

Back