Anchorage-Small Plane Ride?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cj610

I pass through Anchorage every once in a while. Where is a good place to rent a small plane and an instructor to go for a site seeing ride? Where is a good place to fly around?

CJ 610

There are several places that will rent you a 152/172 around ANC. I am biased towards Take Flight Alaska since I learned to fly there, good operation, largest rental fleet in AK but its all 152/172 and I think they might still have a 172RG and a Duchess. They are based at Merrill Field. Wasn't inexpensive to rent but then where is. Phone number is (907)274-9943. Depending on the weather the flight to Seward is very scenic, and only about 45 minutes each way I think. Also you could fly to Girdwood and walk to the Bake Shop, great sourdough pancakes. Double Musky is also not out of walking distance if you are looking for something more filling...

Checkout Mustang Air in Palmer!

I'm the chief Flight Instructor at Mustang Air. Palmer is less than an hour from ANC. I think it is really a better place to fly from for sightseeing. We rent C150's, C172's, a Beech Sierra, a Decathalon, and a supercub. Leave a message if you want more info.

Jim

Mustang rental prices

The rates for the cub are 120/hr wet... which includes hull insurance.

40/hr for the instructor....

sounds like fun!

Cheers,

BJ

Latest resources

Back