Anchorage Lake Hood Hotel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eddie

We're planning a trip to ANC later this summer. We are just going for a couple days to watch the airplanes at Lake Hood and eat some seafood.

Does anyone have an opinion about which hotel is the best (and most affordable) near the seaplanes, maybe with access to the bike trail that connects to downtown?

Thanks

There's several there. The Millenium right on Lake Hood is often used by airlines so might give you a crew rate, although in the summer I don't think there's such a thing as an inexpensive hotel or rooms that can't be sold easily in Anchorage.

thanks for the tip.

Now I have a sort of crazy request for anyone who is familiar...

Years ago, before I knew how amazing Alaska is, I ferried an aircraft from Asia. When we spent the night in ANC, after parking at ERA, it was at a hotel that was on the shore of a lake next to ANC with lots of float plane activity (I have to assume it was Lake Hood). As I remember, the lobby had lots of natural wood with perhaps a carved bear. When I walked out of this hotel, the seaplanes were to my left, just across the parking lot. It was magic...and now I want to go back, but I can't figure out what hotel that was!

I've looked at the hotels on ERA's list, but none really match up when I use google earth. Does anyone know what hotel I'm talking about?

eddie said:
thanks for the tip.

Now I have a sort of crazy request for anyone who is familiar...

Years ago, before I knew how amazing Alaska is, I ferried an aircraft from Asia. When we spent the night in ANC, after parking at ERA, it was at a hotel that was on the shore of a lake next to ANC with lots of float plane activity (I have to assume it was Lake Hood). As I remember, the lobby had lots of natural wood with perhaps a carved bear. When I walked out of this hotel, the seaplanes were to my left, just across the parking lot. It was magic...and now I want to go back, but I can't figure out what hotel that was!

I've looked at the hotels on ERA's list, but none really match up when I use google earth. Does anyone know what hotel I'm talking about?

That is probably the Millenium. . .or the coast international inn. . .millenium is cool and the most reasonable of an expensive bunch if you can get a crew rate. . .try id90.com

That's the millineum hotel! Good food and good beer as you watch the floatplanes go by!! Not cheap but well worth the money. There is no better hotel imho in Anchorage!

Latest resources

Back