Ameriflight Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Joker997

I need to ask a question of any current Ameriflight employees or former employees.

I interviewed last week, and was supposed to hear today if the job is mine. I didn't receive any phone calls, good or bad.

How does Ameriflight contact people regarding offers? Do they call or send a letter overnight? Is no phone call a good sign or bad or indifferent?

Any help with this would be helpful.

I was called when I interviewed. I don't know really how they respond at all interviews. Hang in there, good luck

sounds like you really want the job.

if that is true then it sucks to wait.

me and my friends got hired on the spot, then again, we are the $hit.

just kidding, good luck. i usually just think the worst so no big let downs

Thanks for the info guys. I finally talked with the Pilot Recruiter.

There is an offer waiting for me, but they have to get the Asst. Chief Pilot's OK to give it. I have a conference call tomorrow.

Questions

Hoping I could ask you a few questions:

Did you fill out the online app or did someone walk-in your resume?

How long after you submitted your resume were you called?

Were you interviewing for a specific base/aircraft type?

What kind of flight time & instrument time do you have?

Where did you interview?

Any other thoughts/comments about the interview process in general?? Difficult? Easy? Stressful? Etc?????

TIA

Hey DitchItch,

I will answer your questions as you asked them.

Filled out application online. I don't know anyone there, except for the people I met during the interview and sim.

Called about 4 weeks after submitting.

Yes and No. When I was called to interview, they only told me Oakland. When I interviewed, I was going for Oakland and Burbank. I interviewed for the Piper Lance. I think this is what they start everyone in, but don't quote me on that.

Total Time, 1800. Inst time 103 (sim and actual)

Interviewed at Oakland.

The process is straightforward. Here was the meat of it.

Got there, EARLY. Don't show up late. They know when you get there, even if they are running late.

Went to interview room, actually was a meeting room. Got the paperwork out of the way first. Copies made of logbook, licenses, drivers license, medical, drivers record, etc. They verified times I listed on app with my logbook. I brought in my 10 year job record, and resume. Asked about app and resume.

Then the questions. How was your training, how was your last job. What did you like or dislike. Will they give you a reference. What will it be. Just checking to see if you really worked where you said you did. This is the human relations part of the interview. Asked who you liked or disliked about last job or jobs.

Then the technical. Asked questions about Part 61, 91. No questions on 135, but I have no experience there. Asked questions about Jeppesen plates. If you don't use them now, call Jeppesen and they can send you a pack of training plates to study from. (I ordered them when I got the call to interview, studies as much as I could, needed more work with them. They found some things I did not know)

They asked questions using the approach plates and Part 91 IFR rules. KNOW THEM. They ask questions that make you look at the plate and understand the FAR's. Don't rush your answer.

Then came the aircraft technical. Your most recent twin, know it. If you have no twin time, you better know the highest performance single you claim time in.

I got asked questions about the landing gear. Mechanical and electrical. I got real nervous. I could have done better, but I was not sure exactly what to study. Did my best.

The people that interviewed me were very easy to talk to. I was nervous when I walked in the room, but after 5 minutes, I was fine. Very easy going. Take your time to answer. If you don't know the question, ie. cloud clearance in Class B VFR (DUH), just say so. I had a brain fart, but remembered later and explained it.

They take turns asking questions. Felt a little like a shooting range, but they are not there to hurt you. You made it that far, you are the one that will kill your own chances of getting a job by what you say or do.

After the interview I was called back to the SIM test. Depart an airport, use a DP, hold enroute, shoot the approach to an airport. Sim is tough to get use to. Real sensitive. GET SIM TIME BEFORE YOU GO TO THE SIM TEST. I paid $66 to get time, made all the difference for me.

TIA, don't know what else I can tell you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the great info! I'm getting all my info together to fill out an app ASAP.

Just one more question, what kind of sim did they use?

Thanks again.

They used a Frasca 142 in Oakland, but I hear they have other types in the different cities.

Oh well, don't know what went wrong. I was there by my 10 am interview time, was seated at 1030, out by 1230.
Was called to Sim test about an hour later.

Latest resources

Back