Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetMonkey

It's ok, I speak Jive
Don't know much about the PHX operation. Just a few questions if anyone knows..

All I see there are BE-99's, is that all that's based there?

How long is the upgrade time on the Metroliner, Phx?

I once saw a van full of Ameriflight pilots going from the cargo apron to the terminal. Is that a company van they give you a lift in or is there some sort of shuttle?

All training (4 weeks I believe) is done in BUR?

Thanks!

There are no more cheiftans in PHX anymore.

Everyone starts in the 99. They have 99's Metros and 1900's there.

The new 1900 outstations went really junior from what I heard

Getting a metro upgrade in base is a really long wait. When I was down there for my Metro line training there was a guy that's probably been at AMF at least a year and a half longer than me that was going to be in the next metro upgrade class. I had been there about 7 or 8 months so he was probably at over 2 years easy.

Indoc and aircraft ground school are done in Burbank, but usually you'll go to your base for the flight training. 1 week indoc, 1 week ground and 1-2 weeks flight.

The Van you saw down there was a company van picking people up from the cargo ramp and taking them back to the office. We try to leave the planes on the ramp instead of taxiing them back and forth.

I'm a Salt Lake pilot, so I'm sure a Phoenix pilot will be on here to correct somethin I said.

It used to be if you wanted a fast upgrade come to Salt Lake, most people were upgrading in about 6 months, but even we've stopped upgrading for now because none of us in the metro have left.

Hope this helps

Latest resources

Back