• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American to OUTSOURCE @ O'hare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What contractual provision does AE think American is breaking and why doesn't American think they are breaking it?

I dont know the details offhand, but something to do with the fact AE was flying the routes being given to CHQ (ORD-MSN/PIA/etc) and this is a violation of our contract with AMR. They tried something similar to this with TSA flying out of MIA a few years back, and the union was going to file a grievance but AMR canceled the plans before things got going.

I dont know the details offhand, but something to do with the fact AE was flying the routes being given to CHQ (ORD-MSN/PIA/etc) and this is a violation of our contract with AMR. They tried something similar to this with TSA flying out of MIA a few years back, and the union was going to file a grievance but AMR canceled the plans before things got going.

Section 1.F

F. INCREASED FLYING OPPORTUNITIES​
The Company will aggressively seek to increase flying opportunities when it is economical, practical and feasible to do so, including, but not limited to, bidding on opportunities to provide additional feed to American Airlines, Inc.

The contention is that Eagle did not even attempt to bid on this flying. AA contends that there was no flying to bid for as they were just uprooting CHQ out of STL and putting it in ORD (at a smaller size).

Section 1.F

F. INCREASED FLYING OPPORTUNITIES​
The Company will aggressively seek to increase flying opportunities when it is economical, practical and feasible to do so, including, but not limited to, bidding on opportunities to provide additional feed to American Airlines, Inc.

The contention is that Eagle did not even attempt to bid on this flying. AA contends that there was no flying to bid for as they were just uprooting CHQ out of STL and putting it in ORD (at a smaller size).

The eagle contract also calls for adequate staffing, INCLUDING RESERVES. No one at ALPA will sign off on the numerous grievances filed over those continual violations.

Mega-Dittoes. Wayne Heller thinks the pilots should still be paid like J-Ball drivers and runs the airline like a turboprop operation to try and confuse them.....

And AA flying has been outsourced for years out of O-Hare, the multi-colored chicken flys routes that used to be in silver birds like, you know, the DC-10, 727, F100....

Man...I forgot all about Wayne. Glad to see he working out for RAH. I'm sure Mesaba doesn't miss him or BB.

Every time I get on a "Midwest" flight and see Bedford's face in the magazine I cringe. It's a shame what he's done to YX.

American Airlines already outsources a lot of its flying to a commuter airline. CHQ or AE, what's the difference. It's all bad for AA pilots.

American Airlines already outsources a lot of its flying to a commuter airline. CHQ or AE, what's the difference. It's all bad for AA pilots.

EXACTLY! If the main line pilots had not given up scope and would not continue to give up scope than this would not be an issue. Greed on their part came back and gave them a swift kick in the ass. Now all we have is my regional is better than your regional attitudes with one thinking they are better than the other. Like children! Lol Imagine that. An American Eagle thinking they are better than a Skywest or AIR Wisconsin or Republic. WOW

EXACTLY! If the main line pilots had not given up scope and would not continue to give up scope than this would not be an issue. Greed on their part came back and gave them a swift kick in the ass. Now all we have is my regional is better than your regional attitudes with one thinking they are better than the other. Like children! Lol Imagine that. An American Eagle thinking they are better than a Skywest or AIR Wisconsin or Republic. WOW

The business model is generally the same of all regional airlines(and it sucks), but the product/service being offered can vary. I think AE/Skyw/Wisky/RAH all offer a comparable product, but there are some other companies that might not be providing that same service.

Flame awaaayyyyy!

Really? What about all of the AA flying that was outsourced to AE?

exactly!

outsourcing AE? really. Chq's base in STL closes and these guys gotta commute and you call this outsourcing of a regional by anythor regional?

Latest resources

Back