• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American o furlough 400 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New Atricle only said mainline... but it did mention Eagle in Bk... it really was not specific on pilots.. it continuied to say 4200 rampies, 4200 Mx, 1400 F.A's FWIW,, it all sucks,,,

Tough situation - but maybe it will work out better for the pilots involved. Who wants to be on the bottom of a loser airline like American with almost no growth or pilot movement? Too stressful. Go to faster growing airlines like Virgin America, Spirit, JB and Emirates. I know VA is considered financially "dicey" by some, but I heard from a recent VA newhire that upgrade is 2-3 years on the Airbus. In the bottom 400 at American, it would probably take 17-20 years to upgrade. I would already be looking elsewhere.

Good luck to all those impacted!

1/2 the list retires in 10 years. How do you figure 17-20?

I have a friend in maintenance in Dallas, his wife has one more surgery for cancer, he is trying to hang on till March. Tough spot

Classic misconception. AA will NOT NOT NOT be replacing those retirements. They're going to chop that place into nothing but a brand name. I want to stand in a boxing ring with every Airline CEO. Bunch of slack jawed self-profiting pu$$ies.

OK, perhaps 17-20 is pushing it. I guess I was thinking about SWA where that upgrade time frame for pilots on the bottom of their list is more likely... Still, a very long upgrade depending on what happens to the AA fleet (although a merger could futher screw up those plans). Being in the bottom 400 at AA would be very uncomfortable and stressful anyway - most of those pilots would do better elsewhere where the growth and upgrade time is faster.

Would have been a lot more if age 65 didn't kick in this year. Hopefully no ones gets furloughed. Just remember delta had pilots on furlough and where in bk and it worked out.

M

Last edited:
Good luck to all of the guys and gals involved in this. I hope that there is somehow a silver lining to this dark cloud for you all.

Latest resources

Back