American Express...what's up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

onthebeach

Saw a posting for an American Express pilot on avcrew.com...normally a reliable (?) site. Thought they hired someone just a short while ago...so what gives? Expansion of the flight dept.? or, a trouble sign? or, a bogus job post on avcrew? Anybody know?

I saw the ad on the company website, so it does not look bogus. I would also be curious what is up with the flight department. Good, Bad and the Ugly. I did a little search on them, I read somewhere that starting FO pay in the G-IV and V is 50K a year. Is that correct and if it is, is it normal for that part of the country and the equipment?

passion4flying said:
I did a little search on them, I read somewhere that starting FO pay in the G-IV and V is 50K a year. Is that correct and if it is, is it normal for that part of the country and the equipment?
If that is indeed the case, it's no wonder they're experiencing such turnover. :eek:

Even their Helo pilot turnover is large. Seems like every 8-9 months they are looking for a S-76 FO.

Glenn

passion4flying said:
I saw the ad on the company website, so it does not look bogus. I would also be curious what is up with the flight department. Good, Bad and the Ugly. I did a little search on them, I read somewhere that starting FO pay in the G-IV and V is 50K a year. Is that correct and if it is, is it normal for that part of the country and the equipment?

c'mon guys...where in the F'n world are we getting our information here??.

Want to seriously know about AMEX flight dept? send a resume and talk to them on the phone and go to an interview. Get the real story, not the internet one...

Gulfstream 200 said:

Want to seriously know about AMEX flight dept? send a resume and talk to them on the phone and go to an interview. Get the real story, not the internet one...
I support that idea............ ;)

Gulfstream 200 said:

There you go again, ruining a perfectly good thread.....WITH REASON! DAMM YOU!

The point is we are trying to get good information about them. Maybe somebody here will have some information they could share. That way we can make an informed decision whether or not we want to take the next step. Plus, how much do you really find out in an interview. Both you and the company put on your best face and tell each other all the best things you can. You do not get the negative side of life at an interview. (And there are always negatives). So what do you do, you come to an "INTERVIEW BOARD" on the internet where other corporate pilots might have the information you are looking for to make an informed decision. I thought that was the whole purpose of this board. Plus, I have always tried to find out as much information about something before I proceed. Seems like a good idea to me. I am not trying to start a fight here. But the purpose of this board is to ask these same questions to help each other.

Latest resources

Back