american eagle or airmidwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cbogacz

Got hired at eagle and airmidwest flyin the 1900 which one would you guys pick. I know upgrade sucks at eagle but thats not really a huge deal to me and I know qol is really bad at airmidwest. My class date at airmidwest is on the 11th and at eagle it will be late june thanks in advancefor the feedback

cbogacz said:
Got hired at eagle and airmidwest flyin the 1900 which one would you guys pick. I know upgrade sucks at eagle but thats not really a huge deal to me and I know qol is really bad at airmidwest. My class date at airmidwest is on the 11th and at eagle it will be late june thanks in advancefor the feedback

Eagle.
Air Midwest is Owned by Mesa.

cbogacz said:
I know upgrade sucks at eagle but thats not really a huge deal to me and I know qol is really bad at airmidwest.

Actually I thought QOL was pretty decent at Air Midwest...but I lived at my base. Worked about five days a week, slept in my own bed at night, and had a good time flying a fun (albeit worn-out) airplane. Talk to some pilots that are still there to get a more current scoop, but I wouldn't dismiss it too hastily.

Don't they have like 100 bases? Good luck commuting to Fartinthewind, MT.

QOL is hands down the most important thing. Someone said you can upgrade quickly and move on...where is everyone going?

Air Midwest. I spent 6 years at Eagle and it did me no good. Love my new job. The only time to go to Eagle is when AA recalls there pilots... and we know it will be a while for that!

Air Midwest. Get your required time in the logbook now. Worry about QOL later. You're young (I'm assuming) and have plenty of time to worry about QOL later. PIC time is the most coveted time in this whole game for someone trying to advance their career and you will get it 10x faster at MESA/Air Midwest. Eagle is a great place place to join today if QOL matters most (it shouldn't if you are just starting out) and a loooong upgrade are your career goals.

Just my $.02

Latest resources

Back