• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle -> American Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What it essentially does is allow AA to go through their furlough list 1 time, they are closing in on halfway through it. Then anyone who is senior to the most junior guy to complete jet IOE on May first will get an AA number, AA will call in that order first. Then any newhire classes must be made up of the first 25 guys from Eagle with numbers, if the class is larger then 50 per month then Eagle guys go at a 1 for 1 pace. All in all it will give the top 1500 guys numbers at Eagle, how many choose to flow over will be the deciding factor. Those that do flow will get a 30K bonus.

I hope the flow through works better this time...

congrats and good luck.

If the deal goes through, then the top flowthroughs make about 80K/year first two years as they start at second year pay and remain at second year pay the 2nd year (line holders from the start) + 15K bonus each year. However if the future contract has pay improvments, that could rise to about 100-105K/year for first two years.

Make 120K now, so I could live with that.

I think most can.

The original flowthrough agreement is being allowed to die on schedule at the end of April 2008, hence the May 1st reference in AvatarGod's (aka siucavflight) post. The pilot group is trying to force the jet CA as junior as possible in order to get as many guys as possible numbers, but to be honest I doubt anyone hired after 2001 will see a number.

What DIDN'T result from the TA is any vehicle by which future newhires at Eagle will flow to American.

Me the avatar God?
Na!

What % of AA hires have been from Eagle in the past?

I was told that back in that huge hiring wave prior to 9/11, it was about 4%. Your chances were not very good at all in advancement to AA.

I wouldn't be surprised that in 3-4 years the '04-'05 hires will be the senior pilots with numbers getting ready to flow through.

They will get their numbers just in time for AA to stop hiring as the industry falls into a furlough spree.

The '04 hires will cling to their numbers and wait 8 years for hiring to resume.

Sound familiar?

...don't get me wrong, this is good news. Just don't put all your hopes and dreams into flowing through into AA. Upgrade and keep aware of other options.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back