• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Airlines parent posts loss of $1.36, excluding one-time items

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was trying to be funny based on the thread title. I guess I shouldn't quit my day job.

No you're good, most pilots can only think about flying a plane and talking about flying on days off to people who could care less. This not allow them to have time to realize sarcasm or anything else

No you're good, most pilots can only think about flying a plane and talking about flying on days off to people who could care less. This not allow them to have time to realize sarcasm or anything else

That's not true. I think about your avatar...A LOT!

:p
TC

AMR Corp (AMR.N), parent of American Airlines, posted a wider-than-expected quarterly loss on Wednesday, saying the jump in fuel prices posed an obstacle to recovery, sending shares down as much as 5.5 percent.
The second-largest U.S. airline said the loss widened to $505 million, or $1.52 per share, from $375 million, or $1.35 per share, a year earlier.

Excluding a special item related to the devaluation of the Venezuelan currency in January, AMR lost $1.36 per share. On average, analysts had expected a loss of $1.31, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

That´s gotta sting a bit.

Latest resources

Back