• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AME in Phoenix?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
George Stavros, he is actually in Mesa, I did a medical with him a few years ago, plus it's a good chance to network as 4 of the 5 people in his office were America West pilots.

I went to Dr. John Gililland in West Mesa. It was very fast, and he's a pilot. One of my coworkers goes to John Mc Carville (sp) he said that's a fast appointment as well.

They are both listed on this site.

Last edited:
I'll second the post about Dr. Stavros in Mesa. Relatively "basic" exam . . in and out in less than 30 minutes. There were plenty of other pilots in his office when I went in, from airline guys to student pilots. Definetly worth the little extra drive time from Phoenix.

Regards,
FlyWest

I go to Joe Battersby, who is located in Phoenix, about 4 miles north/northwest of Sky Harbor Airport. He usually has you in and out in about 20-30 mins, and the exam itself takes about...5-7 minutes. Super easy. I know for a fact many pilots from student pilots to airline captains all go to him. He's been doing medicals for over 40 years. Good Luck!

Dr. Gerald Myers
M.D. FAA Flight Surgeon

Work: 480 948 2740
Fax: 480 860 4498

Address:
10250 N 92nd Suite 203
Scottsdale, Az 85258

Note:
$70

Really a great guy - even has an old flight sim in the exam room.

and some great posters - a huge aviation fan...

fg

I would second the motion for Doc Battersby. Great guy. Only drawback is the long drive if you don't live in Phoenix.

Latest resources

Back