Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
An ALPA survey is available to solicit member direction on the issue. CrewPASS is a viable option.

The survey states that the hang up with CrewPASS is money. Who is going to pay for it?

1. ALPA members
2. Govt
3. Airlines
4. 2 and 3.

The survey gives members opportunity to stick its 'camels nose under the tent' of paying themselves for crewpass.

This is a dangerous precedent to set. Once pilots start paying to access their work location, all types of schemes will surface from company and govt to pass on cost.

Recall the airline transportation network has been deemed vital to the US economy. Everyone benefits from safe jet transport.

In fact, pilots generate revenue for airlines who use that revenue to lobby the govt. Don't pay for crewpass when you already fund your company to lobby govt. Airlines are already complaining about the delays the TSA procedures have not only on crews but passengers. These delays are what will motivate airlines to lobby govt to find funding; airline, govt or both.

The TSA has big money invested in the scanner technology and they are simply uses the groping to get people to use the scanner. Don't pay or play for their manipulation.

Complete the survey and send a letter to your congressman.

Even the WSJ is commenting about how stupid the scanning procedures have become, and how the terrorists are laughting there butts off at our spending $B's in over reaction to the treat when other lower cost options are available. I think the bad guys might be winning this one.

I will not pay for it. TSA/govt should pay for it. So what next? we the pilots Pay for Cass System too.
Pitts and BWI airport has CrewPass and is very simple. One TSA agent verify your ID in the computer plus the crewmember has to showed another ID with photo.

I think the TSA should install stripper polls near the checkpoint waiting lines, hire strippers (good looking ones not TSA looking ones) they can provide entertainment for the passengers and their tips can pay for crewpass.

Great information Rez,

I'm very certain within 6-8 years this survey will be complete, and a plan will be formulated for strongly worded emails to be sent within the following decade.

The glacieral speed of Aplo is amazing, don't blink!

Great information Rez,

I'm very certain within 6-8 years this survey will be complete, and a plan will be formulated for strongly worded emails to be sent within the following decade.

The glacieral speed of Aplo is amazing, don't blink!

Lighten up, Francis. At least they're doing something visible. It's a lot more than my crap-sack union is doing.

Rez, I think you are normally a bit of an ALPA cool-aid drinker but thank you for bringing the point of, "not volunteering to pick up the the tab for this". Why anyone would offer is beyond me, but then thankfully I don't pay for my parking pass, uniform, hotel while in training, etc.

I will not pay for the "pleasure" of getting into work. I am disappointed that ALPA even put that in as an option. I understand that there was advice against putting that question in, but it looks like someone thinks that it is a viable option.

Take the survey and make sure that your LEC Reps know how you feel.

Latest resources

Back