Alpa Pay Rate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

vtwo

why can't we as alpa, draft up a base pay rate to be used for all alpa carriers.
IF we are all one union. there would be on pay rate for type of equipment.period.
a single strike at one airline should then be honored by all alpa members.

this would finally take away managements tool of "fear and emotion".

We need to have a set price for labor, a national seniority list, and an alpa pension fund.
This would give us a little more clout and would make for less whip sawing by management against us.

Because, if I were a CEO, a strike at my airline would be bad, but a strike also occuring at all my competitors would be good! In other words, strike all you want, it's not like we're losing customers if everybody else has to strike too.

Besides, if you think that any U.S. President would allow all the airlines to strike at the same time.... well I have some ocean front property I'd like to sell you.

vtwo said:
why can't we as alpa, draft up a base pay rate to be used for all alpa carriers.
IF we are all one union. there would be on pay rate for type of equipment.period.
a single strike at one airline should then be honored by all alpa members.

this would finally take away managements tool of "fear and emotion".

We need to have a set price for labor, a national seniority list, and an alpa pension fund.
This would give us a little more clout and would make for less whip sawing by management against us.

Because there are airlines that are making money that don't need to get their costs out of line.

Furthermore, if you are talking about a common ALPA list how would you integrate the seniority lists?

Latest resources

Back