• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Endorses Kerry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think most of you conservatives sit down with a former Eastern Pilot or a Continental pilot that flew at CAL before 1983, they''ll desribe what cr@p ALPA is for running out on them and that republicans and lorenzo are in bed together.

Some of you military guys hanging on to that save the world military spending BS should wake up. If you feel the need to stay with your military attitude, find a CAL pilot that flew in the miliary, like during Vietnam, I have friends that are of that genre and flew A-4's in Nam, what an eye opening story they have.

Anyone that sleeps with Lozenzo cannot stay in office. IMHO.
We should care what France and Germany think, all of them.

Krusty said:
I think most of you conservatives sit down with a former Eastern Pilot or a Continental pilot that flew at CAL before 1983, they''ll desribe what cr@p ALPA is for running out on them and that republicans and lorenzo are in bed together.

Some of you military guys hanging on to that save the world military spending BS should wake up. If you feel the need to stay with your military attitude, find a CAL pilot that flew in the miliary, like during Vietnam, I have friends that are of that genre and flew A-4's in Nam, what an eye opening story they have.

Anyone that sleeps with Lozenzo cannot stay in office. IMHO.
We should care what France and Germany think, all of them.

Krusty, you may be interested to know the deregulation was an issue that Dem Ted Kennedy decided to pimp off of. In addition, he had support from fellow Dems like Maxine Waters. To some, deregulation was the beginning of the end. If I remember correctly, Lorenzo needed Kennedy's support as well.
Both parties are anti-labor just have a different way of approaching it.

Last edited:
DonVerita said:
Kerry's agenda for getting rid of our *500 Billion!!* deficit that Bush created is to raise taxes on those individuals who make more than $200,000 per year. Rightly so...it is that group that Bush gave the biggest tax cuts to. I doubt most people on this board fall into that category...so you have nothing to worry about. Corporations are going to start being held accountable for their fair share also, instead of being allowed to set up HQ in Bermuda and the like to avoid paying taxes to our government. Kerry has the backbone to make the tough decisions to get this country financially back on track and start to repair the loss of dignity we've suffered throughout the world at the hands of ol' Dubya and his cronies of Enron-like executives.

Some of you on here sound like a bunch of whiny kids with your ME ME ME attitude and I GOT MINE SO SCREW THE REST OF YOU mentality.

Think deep on how we are going to fix the following problems. And don't spout off some over-used and tired Rush Limbaugh line either:

1. Pay down the $500 billion deficit. Cheney himself said the administration doesn't care about deficits.

2. End our reliance on fossil fuels. Drilling in ANWAR gives 6 months supply at best and is definately not the answer.

3. Restore our image throughout the world.

4. Bring up the QOL in this country instead of outsourcing our high paying jobs to India, etc.

5. Put a lid on immigration which is overstressing our infrastructure and further contributing to the downward spiral of wages in this country.

6. Have affordable and fair health care for all legal citizens. It is the governments duty to take care of its own people.

Bush has no credible plan to address any of these issues. Just the usual lies and doubletalk designed to confuse.

None of that means a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** thing unless the war on terrorism is won. My God man this is WW3!

gimme a break

Kerry Said War On Terror Is “Basically A Manhunt.” “Kerry was asked about Bush’s weekend appearance on ‘Meet the Press’ when he called himself a ‘war president.’ The senator, who watched the session, remarked: ‘The war on terrorism is a very different war from the way the president is trying to sell it to us. It’s a serious challenge, and it is a war of sorts, but it is not the kind of war they’re trying to market to America.’ Kerry characterized the war on terror as predominantly an intelligence-gathering and law enforcement operation. ‘It’s basically a manhunt,’ he said. ‘You gotta know who they are, where they are, what they’re planning, and you gotta be able to go get ‘em before they get us.’” (Katherine M. Skiba, “Bush, Kerry Turn Focus To Each Other,” Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 2/13/04)

Two Weeks Later, Kerry Flip-Flopped, Saying War On Terror Is More Than “A Manhunt”. “This war isn’t just a manhunt – a checklist of names from a deck of cards. In it, we do not face just one man or one terrorist group. We face a global jihadist movement of many groups, from different sources, with separate agendas, but all committed to assaulting the United States and free and open societies around the globe.” (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks At University Of California At Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 2/27/04)

Man I like dubbs web site makes arguing easier:D

Jobear

The economy is cyclical and is influenced by Fed policy and consumer behavior rather than the President.

The Democrats appalled by deficit spending? What about the second half of the 20th century when the Democrats controlled the purse strings and we ran consistent deficits?

Politicians are for sale. Show me a truly honest politician and I'll show you a one-termer.

Nothing is ever as it seems. If Iraq was contrived, it was probably for a reason none of us will ever know.

Why would anyone trust a politician who tells you he understands your problems when he's never been out of work--or held a real job, for that matter. Kerry was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and now lives comfortably with $500M in his wife's bank account. He took out a $6M home equity loan--on one of his 5 mansions. He rides around in a GV.

I will probably vote Libertarian this election even though I know it is a wasted vote.TC

Don't have a dog in this fight, but...

I think many people here need to read (or re-read) Flying the Line Vol. 2 and Hard Landing, and put it in a current perspective. It seems to me (young college kid) that ALPA still is a relevant organization, but the fact they are running both major and regional airlines under a 1970s mentality is destroying the one thing a union relies on most: unity. Witness RJDC and the current resentment between mainline and regional pilots to the divide Duane and the other leaders have ignored for far too long. It might be the beginning of the end for ALPA's power...

I bet many of you foaming at the mouth for Bush's defeat are the same people who were thankful that they got those tax rebates. I mean, if you were so opposed to getting money back from the government during a war you would have sent it back, right?

Last edited:
Its not that we like John Kerry its just that ANYBODY BUT BUSH. I mean who else is out there.....ANYBODY! WHO CARES IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND TIME AFTER TIME, WHO CARES IF I DONT KOW YOU...........IF YOURE RUNNING AGAINST BUSH ILL VOTE FOR YOU. Besides was'nt this war over with. Or mission acomplished, what was that all about.....talk about changing minds.I don't think this guy knows what hes doing, and people are dying because of what comes out of this religious fundamentalist's mouth. C'mon get a real president at least someone who looks intelligent, this guy is just......how should i put it......fuNNY and dumb.

My philosophy is similar, except if ALPA endorses it-I'm against it!
A simple choice for a simple mind. There, I beat ya' to it.

The ALPA endorsement of Kerry doesn't mean squat. Everyone that I know will vote for who they want, not who their union says to vote for. I wonder if ALPA took a vote, who would the members choose to endorse? If individuals want to contribute to a candidate, fine, but don't use my dues for that purpose. I wouldn't be suprised if Duane Worth voted for Bush.

Gas prices are not related to tax cuts or rebates. Gas prices go up and down regardless.

For me the $400 that went into a Roth IRA will be worth between 13K - 26K at retirement.

Fuel Prices.

The single largest factor that affects our fuel prices right now is refining capacity.

We have not built a single new refinery in this country since the 1970s.

THIS IS LARGELY DUE TO YOUR LEFT WING ULTRA LIBERAL ENVIRONMENTAL WACKOS.

The Stronger than expected economy has resulted in unforecasted demand. Our refining capability cannot play catchup.

Besides, I thought you Liberals want gas at $3 bucks a gallon. Al gore has said it often.

You liberals can't even be honest with yourselves!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back