ALPA and CommutAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
canadflyau said:
ALPA won't be getting rich off those Commutair dues...... I can assure you of that!

Precisely, so why would Commutair be such a priority to them? Not likely a priority at all I fear.

Best of luck to them and like I said before, I hope I am wrong.

I hope you're wrong too.....it's gonna get quite an expense spending approximately $400 /yr for f/o's and $1,000 /yr for capt for a magazine subscription. Especially when you pay dues BEFORE anything is negotiated. Kind of like giving a contractor full payment for a house he's SUPPOSED to build for you.

Plus, how do you negotiate the pay problems with a company that still has yet to make money from mistakes in the past. And, when it does....profit sharing will be back and people will think "Hey, this isn't bad afterall" Can't get money from a place that doesn't have any to begin with.

Good luck guys/gals.

How many pilots does Commutair have? And has ALPA said no to other airlines looking for representation in the past? I ask this question with knowledge (or what I've been told) has happend before.

I hope they do represent you:)

Why weren't they interested. I would think any airline that wanted to be represented by them, they would jump at the opportunity. Was Lakes to small or something? If they for some reason have explosive growth and aquire jets would ALPA then come to them and beg to represent them. I think ALPA is a great union and I just want to know how they determine who gets in and who has to fend for themselves. And for those who fend for themselves and grow under another union only then to get the attention of ALPA......

:(

CWS you pose a great question...

I would have though that ALPA would love to represent Lakes so they could bring up industry average, eliminate the poor/unsafe work rules and bring up the bar at an airline where it is resting on the floor.

Rush Rush don't delay !!!!!!!

Like I said many times,

Vote yes without delay, the mainline guys need your $$$ so that they may have their MEC and Board meetings on 200ft yatchs in Miami. That stuff isn't free you know.

Besides DW needs to authorize himself another raise, 400 grand per year just isn't enough money for the position of braindead, blindfolded jacka$$.

Latest resources

Back