• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJ Bum

^ Not bumming it any more
Any truth to this rumor?
If so what are the hiring plans for Aloha?
Fleet Plans
Quality of life
Competitive Min.

Thanks for the help.

RJ Bum said:
Any truth to this rumor?
If so what are the hiring plans for Aloha?
Fleet Plans
Quality of life
Competitive Min.

Thanks for the help.
Any truth to the rumor? I think it's accurate to say that the pilots have no idea. Nothing has been announced. A class started on Monday. Possible that's the last class for a while, until more retirements, etc.

I don't know if we have any hiring plans or not. Nothing has been announced.

Fleet plans - no more -700 deliveries. Possibly a replacement for the interisland -200s. Rumors are the 717 and the EMB190. Nothing has been announced.

Quality of life - awesome for an airline. Great work rules.

Competitive minimums - two letters of recommendation from Aloha pilots that have flown with you. The minimums are one letter of rec, 1500 TT, ATP and 60 units college credit.

I'm just a newby so my info might be off.

RJ Bum,

When you figure this stuff out be sure to let us mushrooms know.

I did hear a couple of rumours. One of our mechs. said we are now trying to get another -700 (Good thing we cancelled all our orders last summer). Also, I guess the former VP of Flight-ops was giving a line check the other day and he said they are seriously considering replacing the -200's with -500's. I bet those are available pretty cheep these days.

Thanks fellas for the quick reply. You wouldn't happen to know how to apply if and when they begin hiring??

There are only two ways that I know of to get an interview at Aloha. 1) Get two Aloha pilots (who have flown with you) to right letters of rec. and have one of those people walk your resume in to the C.P.'s office. Or, 2) get a job at Island Air. We have a class of ten going right now. I think 4 of the 10 were from Island Air.

aloha never makes hiring announcements. they dont make any other announcements until the very last possible moment, right before they go into effect. you cant wait for aloha to make any announcements, there is a huge stack of resumes of people waiting for interviews, and there is an even bigger stack of resumens of people who probably wont get one. the pilots are let know that the company is hiring when they publish a notice saying "we just hired 10 people for a class that starts in 2 weeks".

pull & rotate and english's comments on the hiring process and how to get in, are spot on. nothing more to be said about that.

i can also confirm the -500 rumor, we are taking a good look at that plane. also, i understand that the emb190 is out of the picture. and boeing is pushing the 717 really hard on us, they are offering us some bargain basement prices, a sim in hnl and even paying for the re-training of our pilots.

Pull & Rotate said:
RJ Bum,

When you figure this stuff out be sure to let us mushrooms know.

I did hear a couple of rumours. One of our mechs. said we are now trying to get another -700 (Good thing we cancelled all our orders last summer). Also, I guess the former VP of Flight-ops was giving a line check the other day and he said they are seriously considering replacing the -200's with -500's. I bet those are available pretty cheep these days.
Were all of the -700 orders cancelled or just the November delivery? Why do we need another plane? Expansion? Spare? All of the above?

I heard the Board handed down the verdict that there will be no more aircraft deliveries until management can figure out how to properly run the airline. Heard anything to confirm any this? We're probably all talking to the same people anyway, LOL.

Getter said:
I heard the Board handed down the verdict that there will be no more aircraft deliveries until management can figure out how to properly run the airline.

You're joking, right?

I did hear a couple of rumours. One of our mechs. said...

HaHa, I love those mechanics, they have more rumors than the pilots.
I have heard all of the following, all started from the MX dept:
- getting EMBs
-getting more -700s
-getting younger -200s
- getting one -700 next year
- getting -300s
- getting -500s

I'll bet one of the rumors is right!

Latest resources

Back