• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALoha air cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok easy there vtool. I don't live with my mommy nor have anybody else wash my clothes. I got laid off twice in my career, been out of flying job for over 2 years. I've applied everywhere I could without much success. In the meantime, I had to do whatever part time work I can find because I do have kids to feed. My family had to learn to live without a lot and yes we've lived on less than $577/2 weeks. Aloha Cargo is the only company that offered me an interview in the last 6 months. Will I take the job if they offer me the job? of course I will. Do I wish the pay was better? yes, but at least I'll be current again and just have to complement my income witth some other part time work. Complaining about the pay just doesn't do me any good. If you have another better paying job I don't know about, please feel free to let me know. I don't know your situation, but if you were in my shoes, you would probably understand.

I assume your wife works, so that is a plus.
It is noble of you to seek and accept work well below your Value rather than suck the gov't cheese.
However it is not helping you or any one else in this industry.
Try this out if you need to make some cash to supply for your family.
It pays more and you would be home.
Plus there are many Jobs out there that pay more than $13.47 per hour. oh yea, that is what your "ok salary" works out to in Normal full time work.

WHO is the tool? Maybe I am the tool. the HAMMER OF TRUTH.
These are all facts, my boy facts.

SEEKING POSITIVE INDIVIDUALS! (Waipahu)

Date: 2010-04-29, 8:59AM HST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are currently seeking positive individuals with great communication skills and enjoys working with people. There are 5 entry level positions left. This is your opportunity to be part of a company that promotes individual growth and advancement. We offer competitive pay ($800wk + bonuses). Flexible hours. Training is provided for those without experience. Call 671-4508 today!

• Compensation: BONUSES, TRIPS ,AND PAY RAISES
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Phone calls about this job are ok.

Last edited:
I assume your wife works, so that is a plus.
It is noble of you to seek and accept work well below your Value rather than suck the gov't cheese.
However it is not helping you or any one else in this industry.
Try this out if you need to make some cash to supply for your family.
It pays more and you would be home.
Plus there are many Jobs out there that pay more than $13.47 per hour. oh yea, that is what your "ok salary" works out to in Normal full time work.

WHO is the tool? Maybe I am the tool. the HAMMER OF TRUTH.
These are all facts, my boy facts.

SEEKING POSITIVE INDIVIDUALS! (Waipahu)

Date: 2010-04-29, 8:59AM HST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are currently seeking positive individuals with great communication skills and enjoys working with people. There are 5 entry level positions left. This is your opportunity to be part of a company that promotes individual growth and advancement. We offer competitive pay ($800wk + bonuses). Flexible hours. Training is provided for those without experience. Call 671-4508 today!

• Compensation: BONUSES, TRIPS ,AND PAY RAISES
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Phone calls about this job are ok.

Tool -why don't you spend more time preaching to Mesa ****************************** bags about low wages? They're the reason a lot of REAL pilots are stuck taking a lower wage job.

Tool -why don't you spend more time preaching to Mesa ****************************** bags about low wages? They're the reason a lot of REAL pilots are stuck taking a lower wage job.

well it goes for all of you W************************* who Willing accept crappy wage Jobs In pursuit of the shiny jet.

Who is Stuck taking any job that pays less than it should.

K Know what your worth.
D Demand what you deserve.
A Accept nothing less.

KDA.

The fact remains that this Job pays you $288.50 take home every week.

Are you worth More?

Vtool, Let me guess, you have a flying job, sitting pretty and happy? Maybe you never went through some hardships in your life so bashing on others makes you feel good? you must be a pleasure to fly with...

Your guess is wrong!
Lost 2 flying jobs in a 4 month period and the contract job slowed to nothing.
I looked and found work that pays.
There are Jobs out there. just Don't sell your self short.
if less than 300 a week is what your worth then feel free.
Do you think it will go up? why would it when there will be others behind who will jump to their knee's at the chance like you.

KDA

Good luck.

and remember Know, Demand, Accept
if you know your worth 288.50$ a week,
Demand it! I bet they will allow you to Accept it.

Good luck man,

REALLY? I AM the TOOL???

come on now!!! name calling will make your paycheck better,
Do you live in your parents basement? do you drive an 85 Taurus?

Does you your Mom wash your clothes, make your breakfast?

ok enough. I am sorry for sliding down to your level.

But the fact that IDIOTS think 577.00$ every 2 weeks is " OK" just is Stupid!

show me your budget. on 577$.

Stupid is what that wage is for what you do.
Take some pride and quit Whoring your self out.

hmmmm

ok enough. I am sorry for sliding down to your level.
You apologize and acknowledge that you're stooping to a low level, then more name-calling.....

But the fact that IDIOTS think 577.00$ every 2 weeks is " OK" just is Stupid!

I'll ignore for a moment that your hypocritical ad hominem attacks indicate that you have nothing of substance to say and give you a reality check.

It wasn't very long ago when first year pay at UPS was 28k. Aloha Air Cargo isn't necessarily where UPS was when they were paying that. Low first year pay is no surprise in aviation, especially for a 2nd or 3rd tier cargo outfit.

If you don't think that their first year pay is "ok", then you don't have to work there. Apparently, some people do and it is not up to you to decide if their pay is ok.

The pay is determined by the job market or a contract. Nobody owes you a living.

One day, when you grow up and when you gain more experience in this business, you might learn these certain facts of life.

Last edited:
WHAT????? 28K??? WHERE CAN YOU LIVE ON THAT?

28K/ 26 PAYCHECKS EQUALS. 1076.92$ GROSS
subtract 20% taxes = 861.53$
Subtract for Insurance 50$
Subtract for 401k 10% 107.69$
Nice Cash Flow.
577$ avail cash to eat and Live off of every 2 weeks.

Oh yea Plus you get to miss most of the Holidays and weekend with family too. Yea It is Ok to live in Poverty just so you can say you Fly airplanes.

It is not up to you to determine the value of weekends or holidays. It is also not up to you to determine a budget for others. It is up to the individual. Personally, the pay is too low for me so I would not work there. Based on your posts, I suggest that you do not apply there either.

As for living in poverty, according to the US Department for Health and Human Services 2009 poverty guidelines, the poverty line for a single person in Hawaii is $12,460.00. Aloha Air Cargo's first year pay is twice the poverty line for a single person. As you can see, you're wrong and are just practicing in exaggerations and dramatics.

Last edited:
It is not up to you to determine the value of weekends or holidays. It is also not up to you to determine a budget for others. It is up to the individual. Personally, the pay is too low for me so I would not work there. Based on your posts, I suggest that you do not apply there either.

As for living in poverty, according to the US Department for Health and Human Services 2009 poverty guidelines, the poverty line for a single person in Hawaii is $12,460.00. Aloha Air Cargo's first year pay is twice the poverty line for a single person. As you can see, you're wrong and are just practicing in exaggerations and dramatics.

WOW mighty defensive of a job that pay 288.50 a week!!!!!!!!
If you choose to live at that level, it is your right.
I agree with you and I will not apply there.
Yes I agree again with you. I did not research the gov't definition of poverty in HI. but come on!, do you deserve 288.50 a week for the amount of training, and
responsibility you have?

I agree once again with you. NO one owes you a living.

It is up to you to go and get it. Is 288.50 a week a living? Not for me, or my family! Where does it end? They will pay what they have to in order to get pilots in seats, not a penny more.
So go ahead and accept it, If that is your worth. I Bet soon there will be shiny jet kids just lining up to pay for some flight time in an old jet so they can get a job.

You and only you will accept the job with the pay they offer. If they have no takers they HAVE to up the ante.
MORE FACTS.

Yes I have been laid off, have worked at one place 15 years before it went out of business. I have been a contract pilot and instructor. Now I have accepted a job that pay's pretty well. I will NOT take entry level pay in a cockpit, My services are worth more than 288.50 a week. In fact right now it is back to 330.00 a day every day, work or not. I just had to find it, it took a while but those jobs are out there. Didn't have to sell the house, or cars, Didn't have to Buy my own Health insurance, and I didn't have to lower my self to those scum bag offers.

It is anybody's Choice to fly jet transport jets for 41.30 a day.

go ahead and enjoy this great career, it ain't ever going to get better with guys taking jobs like this.

WOW mighty defensive of a job that pay 288.50 a week!!!!!!!!
If you choose to live at that level, it is your right.
I agree with you and I will not apply there.
Yes I agree again with you. I did not research the gov't definition of poverty in HI. but come on!, do you deserve 288.50 a week for the amount of training, and
responsibility you have?

I agree once again with you. NO one owes you a living.

It is up to you to go and get it. Is 288.50 a week a living? Not for me, or my family! Where does it end? They will pay what they have to in order to get pilots in seats, not a penny more.
So go ahead and accept it, If that is your worth. I Bet soon there will be shiny jet kids just lining up to pay for some flight time in an old jet so they can get a job.

You and only you will accept the job with the pay they offer. If they have no takers they HAVE to up the ante.
MORE FACTS.

Yes I have been laid off, have worked at one place 15 years before it went out of business. I have been a contract pilot and instructor. Now I have accepted a job that pay's pretty well. I will NOT take entry level pay in a cockpit, My services are worth more than 288.50 a week. In fact right now it is back to 330.00 a day every day, work or not. I just had to find it, it took a while but those jobs are out there. Didn't have to sell the house, or cars, Didn't have to Buy my own Health insurance, and I didn't have to lower my self to those scum bag offers.

It is anybody's Choice to fly jet transport jets for 41.30 a day.

go ahead and enjoy this great career, it ain't ever going to get better with guys taking jobs like this.

Defensive of Aloha? Well, no. However, I AM defensive when it comes to common sense and hypocrisy.

If you read my post again and more carefully, you will see that I don't choose to live at that level, as you say. Someone that takes this job is worth $288.50 per week.

The point of my post is that first year pay at almost any airline, even the legacy carriers, leaves much to be desired. Why should Aloha be any different? The airline world is much different whatever contract work that you're doing.

I do agree with you that low paying jobs doesn't help the profession. However, it doesn't help us either to resort to name-calling and mindless stereotyping. To each their own....everyone's situation is different.

So Vtool, you're saying that anybody who takes the job at Aloha Cargo is worth $288.50 per week. So, tell me, what are you worth then? $330/day? Like I said, it's easy for you to bash on other people's choices when you sit fat and happy at your job. And please don't tell me that there are plenty of jobs like that because you are either lying or dillusional. I don't meet the requirements for a lot of the contract flying out there, and yes I've applied for several of them. Now, telling me that I've to demand what I'm worth in this job market is just being out of touch with reality.

Latest resources

Back