• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant sub charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That may change come Wednesday when the 4th Quarter financials are announced and we see what the effect of 2 months of outsourced flying has on the bottom line. Yes, Allegiant has been consistently profitable and even squeezed out a small profit when oil was $146/barrel and everyone else was hemorrhaging cash. Times have changed now. Almost all carriers are making boatloads of cash while offering compensation packages that make us look like a laughing stock. Instead of reinvesting that money into the business to create a product that doesn't inspire hate mail from passengers, they dump tens of millions into stock buybacks and dividends to shareholders. I've always admired the niche that we have and I thought that we could make an affordable, reliable product that would all but guarantee our long-term success. Unfortunately, greed has destroyed a once very viable business.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Because Allegiant pilots do not have a contract to prevent this..... When you get a contract make sure there is language to prevent this.

We are both members of Teamsters local 1224... If anything we at "Miami Air" are helping out our union brothers while they sort out their training issues.

I worry that the subcontract flying goes much further than most Allegiant pilots realize. I don't think the hundreds of contracted flights are due to a sudden shortage of pilots or short sighted thinking on behalf of management. I worry that Allegiant Air's management is doing this on purpose. I think this is their trial run to see if they can operate an airline without their own airline pilots on staff and still maintain an acceptable level of profitability.
Evidently one of Allegiant's largest contract companies has been hiring pilots like gangbusters to fill the amount of flying Allegiant management is asking them to do. That's not indicative of a temporary problem. I believe it is Allegiant management's plan to shift flying from their own pilots to contractors over the next few years just as they've shifted many parts of the operation to contractors.
If this is the case, perhaps the best way Allegiant pilots can avoid losing their jobs is to make it so contacting does not appear profitable for the company. They also must pressure the FAA and investors to come down hard on Allegiant Management when their contractors screw up, which they do quite often. I hope that I am wrong about Allegiant management's intentions.

Last edited:
For a twist of irony, one pilot who was terminated a year ago due to substandard performance is now flying our passengers again because he got a job at one of the contracted carriers.

I worry that the subcontract flying goes much further than most Allegiant pilots realize. I don't think the hundreds of contracted flights are due to a sudden shortage of pilots or short sighted thinking on behalf of management. I worry that Allegiant Air's management is doing this on purpose. I think this is their trial run to see if they can operate an airline without their own airline pilots on staff and still maintain an acceptable level of profitability.
Evidently one of Allegiant's largest contract companies has been hiring pilots like gangbusters to fill the amount of flying Allegiant management is asking them to do. That's not indicative of a temporary problem. I believe it is Allegiant management's plan to shift flying from their own pilots to contractors over the next few years just as they've shifted many parts of the operation to contractors.
If this is the case, perhaps the best way Allegiant pilots can avoid losing their jobs is to make it so contacting does not appear profitable for the company. They also must pressure the FAA and investors to come down hard on Allegiant Management when their contractors screw up, which they do quite often. I hope that I am wrong about Allegiant management's intentions.

Which subcontractor is hiring due to G4 demand?

Falcon Air Express most likely......

Those folks are gonna have a decision to make in a couple years; less maybe depending on mediation.

Anyone concerned about people crossing our inevitable picket line aren't familiar with what happened to the pilots that flew one flight for Spirit.

Times have changed and before that plane landed the internet was afire with their names, pictures and even addresses. No one will cross a picket line anymore.

Anyone concerned about people crossing our inevitable picket line aren't familiar with what happened to the pilots that flew one flight for Spirit.

Times have changed and before that plane landed the internet was afire with their names, pictures and even addresses. No one will cross a picket line anymore.

One hopes a line is honored. But I find it hard to believe that Falcon crew that scabed Spirit didn't know what they where doing, contrary to what the scabbing FO said. Remember Falcon is a place with a reputation to take the $ vs. Instilling a belief in doing the right thing in it's employees.

Falcon Air Express most likely......

Those folks are gonna have a decision to make in a couple years; less maybe depending on mediation.

The silver lining is that Falcon has maybe a half dozen planes at most. It would take quit a while just to match G4s numbers, let alone the cost of getting planes on their certificate and finding pilots that will work for a 121 company that allegedly doesn't have a pay scale and what pilots start at is as high as it goes.

Latest resources

Back