• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant IPO raises $90 mln, above range

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do jerkoffs like you keep having to bring this garbage up? I grossed over 8K in November and was in MY OWN BED every single night. Can you say the same??

8K a month? That's not even six figures a year. You're a captain, right? Cause that's crap pay even for an FO on an -80. You really sound clueless braging about wages like that.

8K a month? That's not even six figures a year. You're a captain, right? Cause that's crap pay even for an FO on an -80. You really sound clueless braging about wages like that.

Someone here sounds clueless, but it's not me my friend. First of all, I'm not bragging about my earnings. What I'm bragging about is that fact that I'm home every single night of every single month. I'm a second year bottom of the list reserve captain. How much are second year captains making at AA on the -80, or DAL on the -90?

Let's take the typical MD 80 pilots wages and then subtract all the costs associated with commuting, or being on the road 4-5 days each week. Add to that the cost of all the lost time with your family. To me, QOL counts for a hell of a lot. I think I'm the one coming out ahead here..

I get to fly airplanes for a living, make a decent livable wage, and see the inside of my own home every single night. So again, I'm not the one who's clueless here...

Some low-level math for you Kermit: when you work half as much you don't get paid as much. Think about that the next time you are playing with yourself in your hotel room.

There's more to life than airplanes, money and Sesame Street. Your life being a clear exception.

Last edited:
Thank you ALGT!!! Allegiant stock symbol for those of you that work at Mesa....Just got a few shares meself.....All I can say is

CHA CHING!!!!!!!

Maybe time to really seriously consider working there since I now own a piece o da pie

now that you own what 5 shares. oh baby go go go.

Good for Allegiant! Yes, they don't pay top $$$$, but they've already become an envy for many pilots aspiring to leave the regional hell. I'm sure they'll get their pay up to par in due time...

Good on you chper!

I'm barely over 2 years, left seat, averaging $9K per month. Some guys w/ similar time get paid more w/ heavy crew ($10K-$11K). Is that enough for you? Not that I really care, as it's more than enough for me. You see, I don't have to completely ruin my personal life to get that. No personal time wasted sitting around airports on 4-hour layovers (been there), living 2/3 of my evenings out of a bag in yet another God-foresaken hotel room (done that), waiting in the snow for another crew van (yep, that too), or sitting between 2 sweaty fat dudes on a nail-biter commute (when I don't get bumped...). There are no stinkin' crash pads ($), spare cars ($), or daily expensive meals. I feel healthy: I can eat right, get to the gym frequently, and most importantly, I'm not chronically fatigued by wrecking my sleep schedule across 4 time zones every week (makes you old fast). The list goes on...

This job is a breath of fresh air in a profession that has become a complete nightmare. I average 12 -15 days a month (more--or less if I choose). Before I forget, here's the best part: I leave for work in the morning, and I'm back home by afternoon, BEFORE my wife gets home from work and the kids get home from school! Wow!...watching the kids grow up along with having the personal time to enjoy my life...what a concept.

Yes, you can make more elsewhere and visit your investments 2.5 days a week (starter castle, Lexus and whatever family/friends you'll have left). Knock yourself out,...you might even gain the distinction of being the richest guy (frog?) in the cemetary. Your standard issue airline ex-wives (3-4 usually) will enjoy your wealth but probably won't visit your grave...nor will the children who never knew you.

As I've stated in the past, it's not for everyone, but ideal for those who have their priorities in line. We come from a wide variety of backgrounds, many of which from majors. They have no intentions of going back...go figure.

If you don't like what Allegiant has to offer, apply elsewhere.

...And good luck chasing that elusive wealth and prosperity.

D1

Last edited:
I'm barely over 2 years, left seat, averaging $9K per month. Some guys w/ similar time get paid more w/ heavy crew ($10K-$11K). Is that enough for you? Not that I really care, as it's more than enough for me. You see, I don't have to completely ruin my personal life to get that. No personal time wasted sitting around airports on 4-hour layovers (been there), living 2/3 of my evenings out of a bag in yet another God-foresaken hotel room (done that), waiting in the snow for another crew van (yep, that too), or sitting between 2 sweaty fat dudes on a nail-biter commute (when I don't get bumped...). There are no stinkin' crash pads ($), spare cars ($), or daily expensive meals. I feel healthy: I can eat right, get to the gym frequently, and most importantly, I'm not chronically fatigued by wrecking my sleep schedule across 4 time zones every week (makes you old fast). The list goes on...

This job is a breath of fresh air in a profession that has become a complete nightmare. I average 12 -15 days a month (more--or less if I choose). Before I forget, here's the best part: I leave for work in the morning, and I'm back home by afternoon, BEFORE my wife gets home from work and the kids get home from school! Wow!...watching the kids grow up along with having the personal time to enjoy my life...what a concept.

Yes, you can make more elsewhere and visit your investments 2.5 days a week (starter castle, Lexus and whatever family/friends you'll have left). Knock yourself out,...you might even gain the distinction of being the richest guy (frog?) in the cemetary. Your standard issue airline ex-wives (3-4 usually) will enjoy your wealth but probably won't visit your grave...nor will the children who never knew you.

As I've stated in the past, it's not for everyone, but ideal for those who have their priorities in line. We come from a wide variety of backgrounds, many of which from majors. They have no intentions of going back...go figure.

If you don't like what Allegiant has to offer, apply elsewhere.

...And good luck chasing that elusive wealth and prosperity.

D1

Sounds great to me! The pilot bases are LAS, Sanford, Laughlin and Reno - right? Where are newhires most likely to start going forward?

LAS SFB and PIE... Last two classes have staffed all 5 domiciles but I believe IFP and RNO are full for the forseeable future.

Good Luck!
-Bag

Latest resources

Back