Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

labbats

Zulu who?
I know that the next class in sometime in early summer, but what about after that? Is there going to be a lot more classes throughout the summer months?
Still getting the new planes in 3Q?

Thanks

I don't think it matters what has been said, or what anyone says now....the way fuel prices are going, I would doubt any airline knows what will happen with hiring/growth for the rest of the year. I am sure it is all changing as we speak.

I keep hearing YX is going to sell an 80 but is that really fact or just rumor?

I didn't know either, so I typed it into google. It's Midwest Airlines.

6 more MD80s this year...

...AAY already owns at least six MD80s that are still being operated on a lease back with FINNAIR. Those six will be on property by the end of the year. This is from one of our higher ups from MX.

I imagine there will be some hiring to staff those addition A/Cs. Most likely the process will start in June.

The only thing certain in aviation is nothing is for certain!:)

Latest word from training is classes will begin in August and continue throughout the rest of the year.

As Jeff said, we have additional airplanes coming this year. We picked up our 4th -88 last Monday with more on the way. We're getting 4 of the 7 Finnair birds this year and the remaining 3 early next year.

Obviously this can change and probably will....

This is a nice tidbit....

In late February, Merrill Lynch airline analyst Michael Linenberg analyzed what would happen to publicly owned US carriers' net profits this year based on average oil prices ranging from $70 a barrel up to $110. At $75, all 12 airlines he examined would be nicely profitable this year.
At an average price of $95 a barrel, five airlines would scratch out some profits, and the industry would lose $322 million. At $110, only two airlines — Allegiant Air (ALGT) and Southwest — would make money, and the group would lose $3.3 billion.

Latest resources

Back