Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JettBoii

Information on the ATP checkride there?

I have not flown a light twin in over a year.

What did the checkride/oral consist of?

I have the small book they use; do I need the Seminole POH also?

Any tidbits of info would be appreciated.

Thinking about doing it in houston at CXO.

Well I did my ATP written in JAX and bumped into a few guys that were doing it there. They had the entire ride mapped out for you to review when and where a maneuver or stall was going to be performed. They also reviewed the oral questions as well.

It seemed pretty straight-forward but of course that was almost 9 years ago. Things may have changed since then.

Know that entire Seminole Supplement, do the questions in the back a few times, and you should be good. Study everything they send you, before you get there, it doesn't hurt.

Use good CRM skills, clear your turns, if you screw up the approach don't ask him anything, just simply miss the approach and repeat. Good flying!

They send you the packet.

Read and work the questions in the back.

They will test you on the info in that packet right away when you show up.

If you do well with the oral and evaluation ride afterwards then they guarantee the satisfactory completion of your ATP ride.

It is mapped out and really up to you to fly to ATP standards. But, don't worry about that. If you can fly insturments to ATP standards the fact that you haven't flown a twin in a year will not mean much.

You'll be flying the See'men Hole for the first time...maybe. Just like everyone else. So, don't sweat it.

If you do need extra work. They will know after the first day and the first ride in the PA44. If they like the way you fly. Well then case closed.

Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back