• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing much new in regards to pilot hiring. Some are anticipating a good amount of retirements in April 2010 due to retirement benefits prior to the Kasher "award." Right now the company is trying to shave of non-profitable routes and replace them with better ones....like Minneapolis and Kona. Things are going to get a little ugly here though if the company stands to their "cost neutral" demands in regards to the contract so maybe it is not a good place to be for a little while.

Very quiet over there. Are there any classes this year? What's new?

The CEO, CFO, and VP of Flight Ops told me in mid March that there would be no hiring in 2008. This was face to face during a seminar that some pilots were required to attend. If it's any indication of how things are going here, pilots asked if they could skip the seminar and were told that it was not optional. The lack of contract change is making things a bit uncomfortable here.

At least there is a cool new propaganda book to put on the back of the toilet next to Mein Kampft.

That way, you can simultaneously read and excrete, the same thing...

Is the PIC seminar the required event you are referring too? I cannot think of anything else that would match that description.

At least there is a cool new propaganda book to put on the back of the toilet next to Mein Kampft.

That way, you can simultaneously read and excrete, the same thing...

Now I know what 100k looks like sitting in one spot.

I last spoke to the recruiters in early March, and was told there might be some interviewing ramping up in the last quarter of '08 for classes in early '09, because, "no matter what, we'll need to hire in '09".

I wonder if "no matter what" included $130/barrel oil and a recession?

Does anyone know if hiring 1st quarter '09 is still a possibility?

Does anyone know if hiring 1st quarter '09 is still a possibility?

I think that nobody knows if it's a possibility. My fellow Alaska types will probably agree that it's unlikely. Wish I had a more positive angle on this for you but my opinion is that hiring in the 1st quarter '09 is extremely unlikely.

Latest resources

Back