• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, and I am not one of those negative guys. AS has put all of its eggs in one basket. 20% of our flying heads to HI. Angle Lake loved it because there was no real LCC with ETOPS in the Pacific. Now with SWA getting ETOPS cert. somtime in the the next two years AS little game is over. In case you haven't noticed we don't like to compete. I really think we are in a whole lot of trouble. I am confident Angle Lake is pretty supprised by SWA.

We are less of an "all the eggs in one basket" carrier than we were 10 years ago. Hawaii only serves to deversify the revenue stream further.

2001: 62% West Coast, 24% Alaska, 8% Mexico, 6% Canada
2011: 38% West Coast, 17% Alaska, 15% Hawaii, 20% Transcon/Midcon, 7% Mexico, 3% Canada.

My understanding is they are actually leasing 5 planes to another regional who will then fly those planes for another carrier not AAG!

Might as well accept there never is going to be any growth, at least not that will make any difference to us. If it happens it will be a huge shock. But until it happens there is 0 reason to get any hopes up. Two more years we will see retirements, till then we just get to babysit and listen to all the geezers tell us how they are going to leave at 60, well 61, well now 62, ok 63, ok not a day past 64, etc. Only growth we'll see is if Delta buys us which I honestly hope they do now. Anyone who expects and truly has their hopes up about any real growth out of this management team just hasn't been paying attention for all these years. Heres to hoping I'm wrong.

Might as well accept there never is going to be any growth, at least not that will make any difference to us. If it happens it will be a huge shock. But until it happens there is 0 reason to get any hopes up. Two more years we will see retirements, till then we just get to babysit and listen to all the geezers tell us how they are going to leave at 60, well 61, well now 62, ok 63, ok not a day past 64, etc. Only growth we'll see is if Delta buys us which I honestly hope they do now. Anyone who expects and truly has their hopes up about any real growth out of this management team just hasn't been paying attention for all these years. Heres to hoping I'm wrong.

Sad but true. I have learned to lower my expectations, so not alot surprises me anymore about this company. I too wish that I'm wrong.
Speaking of these geezers..... how do you expect them to retire if they keep spending money on airplanes and country club memberships? It's always some excuse. They are the epidemy of the "I got mine" generation.

So you guys are saying I shouldn't take a recall?

No big announcement coming! That was said today in SIC seminar. They are gonna outsource 5RJ's to a third party.

Very interesting!!! In class on Monday a Management person would not state numbers but said growth in terms of additional A/C is coming, likely to hear something early 2011. I would like to know how many options Alaska has as Boeing is up to 6-7 years back ordered on 737's. A question was asked if this would grow the sen list and the answer was yes. I guess only time will tell. As for numbers of A/C pick your rumor 5-7, 10-20, 20-30....I guess any would be better than none.

A question was asked if this would grow the sen list and the answer was yes.

Were his lips moving? Then there no truth in what he said.
In my short time here, I can't think of one good thing that has come true from what was said. 2000 pilots by 2000? 4 1/2 year upgrades? Vision 2010? Big growth? Better trips/lines as a result of an all 737 fleet?
I'm still waiting. Remember.... lower expectations.

Latest resources

Back