• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska in Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw it taxiing out yesterday. No pics though.

ETOPS validation flights. 1 of 5 with two full Flight Crews and the FAA. SEA/ANC-HNL and SEA-LIH is scheduled to begin in October. We shall see.....^&%

How did we perform on our first ETOPS Validation flight? A message from Mike Thynes, Director/Systems Operations to our fellow employees who were involved.
Good Morning,

I would like to extend my personal thanks to those of you who put in a very long day yesterday, supporting our first ETOPS Validation Flight. One leg down, five to go. As you undoubtedly know by now, overall, we performed exceedingly well. I would like to share some quotes from the FAA debrief, held late last night.

Andy Davie, Navigation Inspector, FAA described the flight crew performance and execution in virtually all of the scenarios (15-16 of them enroute) as "a thing of beauty". (Captains Wayne Brown & Lon Lowe)

Kevin Miller, ASA CMO, FAA indicated that coordination and communication between the line environment and Maintenance Control was outstanding. Furthermore, Kevin indicated that performance of the Controllers on duty (Scott Willott & Ron Cody) was "excellent".

Steve Franklin, ASA CMO, FAA in debriefing the In Flight Shut Down event and subsequent diversion, described crew and dispatch performance, execution and coordination as "stellar". (Dispatchers Matt Shoemaker & Brian Bowie)

The team's performance yesterday was not an accident. The careful planning, attention to detail in simulation, and hard work paid off. We can plainly see that in the adjectives that the FAA evaluators used to describe their observations. We learned some things along the way and the team reacted proactively to immediately address the issues.

Congratulations on a job very well done and thank you, again, for all the hard work it took to get us here. I am very proud to be associated with such a talented and dedicated group of people.

Didn't see the flight, but heard some jacked up radio calls. Full position reports while in radar contact. No sweat though, we all have our learning curves.

Latest resources

Back