• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska & DUI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask any regional crew who regularly goes to Canada and they'll tell you how real the Canada thing is.

I was going to Canada weekly out of the NY area, Ottawa, Toronto, Halifax, Quebec City, Montreal...A DWI on your record was a big deal and would get you into secondary immigration screening there while they called the US authorities to square away the situation. It could take hours.

Normally those with that problem were pulled off that portion of the turn. That or the offender had to do some time with a lawyer to clean up their record somehow.

Maybe Canadians have a problem with Gojet too?

...A DWI on your record was a big deal and would get you into secondary immigration screening...

I have nothing on my record but those maple leafs co(ksuckers chose me, and other Blacks, out for secondary screening. Canadians are cool, their TSA equivalent can kiss my arse.

I was the Capt on a MD-80 L/O in Toronto, 2006 I think. Short L/O (12 hours) so we just want to get to the hotel. All of us, except one, are done and waiting. One male F/A was "stuck" back in customs. After a few minutes I went back to find out what the holdup was. Turns out he had a DUI in Texas a couple years back, this was his first Canadian L/O since then.

We continued to wait till the point when I was going to send the rest of the crew (minus me) to the hotel. He finally came out and said he had to post some sort of "bond" (few hundred dollars) to make sure he left the next day. He was very apologetic to all of us and said he didn't have any idea this would be a problem.

I realize this info is 8 years old, maybe the Canadians have backed off this extreme stance since then.

I have nothing on my record but those maple leafs co(ksuckers chose me, and other Blacks, out for secondary screening. Canadians are cool, their TSA equivalent can kiss my arse.

It's the brotha thing, those Canadians know you brotha's come up there to hook up with their women!! You know the jungle fever thang!!!!!

Latest resources

Back