Alaska demographics for merger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scoreboardII

Any Alaskan pilot able to share your pilot group demographics: average age of captains, FOs etc? Just curious as the next most likely player with SwA is the one with Coleen on the tail.

To be fair, as I recall SwA average FO age is 45, captain is 50 to 54, combined average is 47.

Oldest hire is around 1975.

I know absolutely nothing. I was just being a jackass, which is something I'm quite good at. I'm sure someone knowledgeable will be able to answer your questions. Carry on...

Any Alaskan pilot able to share your pilot group demographics: average age of captains, FOs etc? Just curious as the next most likely player with SwA is the one with Coleen on the tail.

To be fair, as I recall SwA average FO age is 45, captain is 50 to 54, combined average is 47.

Oldest hire is around 1975.

I think that's what that ground controller at ORD say, "Hey Alaskan, where ya goin??"

52 45. About the same as u guys... There will be no SWA merger though I mean like 0%. AS is bent on independence even with DAL pushing really hard. Could see a HA purchase if AS management thinks taking on debt would keep us independent. They are working on a rebranded name... Maybe JetBlue and LUV but that is a very young pilot group...

scoreboard,

It won't be Alaska. JetBlue. It was almost JetBlue before AirTran - deal fell through the first time.

No. What do you know?
Truth is..no one at Alaska Airlines inc. and especially the mid-level fo's have any idea what the accountants that run the Alaska Air Group that owns Alaska Airlines inc. will do. The only thing we all know is that swa or delta or anyone else cannot do is tell the aag what to do.If they want to sell or merge, then they will on their own terms and if they dont..there is no one with the cash to make them. You can bet, however, that if we do get pawned, we will be swinglined in a day and no one will notice, or care...we are a tiny little 115 jet airline with 1300 pilots

I know absolutely nothing. I was just being a jackass, which is something I'm quite good at. I'm sure someone knowledgeable will be able to answer your questions. Carry on...

LOL! Now that there is funny. Thanks for the hardy laugh Baze.

Truth is..no one at Alaska Airlines inc. and especially the mid-level fo's have any idea what the accountants that run the Alaska Air Group that owns Alaska Airlines inc. will do. The only thing we all know is that swa or delta or anyone else cannot do is tell the aag what to do.If they want to sell or merge, then they will on their own terms and if they dont..there is no one with the cash to make them. You can bet, however, that if we do get pawned, we will be swinglined in a day and no one will notice, or care...we are a tiny little 115 jet airline with 1300 pilots

I think we have 124 jets and almost 1500 pilots..???

Latest resources

Back